The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By scottmasterton
After much searching for a good rolling shell, we found one down near Durham, England which looked brilliant besides one or two minor slightly rusty patches

Trailered it home and here it was on the driveway

The next thing we did was, stripped the hole car and took out the wiring loom

After that we started to design and adapt some spare widetrack kit from a Corsa that we have,so that its 50mm wider in each corner

Then we fitted the widest wheels to see how they sit

next we bought a mk3 cavalier rear disc axle to combine and fabricate it with a nova axle to put discs on the back,now all we need for the rear disc brake conversion to be complete is mk3 astra axle stubs.Then we can see how well the calipers and pads are working that we have to see if we need to buy some new ones. I also just bought another nova for dirt cheap with a rotten shell but it came with lots of spare panels,doors and wing mirrors and so on. I am going to use the aftermarket smoothed bumpers that I got on that and cut and space them out 100mm wider then use them as moulds for fibreglass items as I am going to make a wide arch body kit, I will then just be keeping whatever parts I think I may potentially damage and sell or scrap the rest. Got a fibreglass tailgate from a guy in Dumbarton, needs a bit of work to clean it up but it should be great.

Plan next is to try and source axle stubs, fit a chassis plating kit, build a cage, make adjustable seat mounts and then about another million things before the car even moves haha

Managed to Source axle stubs ,just finished moulds for wide rear arches will sell copies if anyone is interested once ive finished the final product Here is photos of the shape I took the moulds from

Here are the moulds

Also have taken the rear windows out to be replaced with a polycarbonate window kit and to make it even easier to work on, just need to finish the front wing moulds and then the actual fibreglass panels, then work on the bumpers to finish the wide arch body kit that if it turns out good enough I should be selling for nice and cheap

Been pretty busy at work recently but still managed to get a decent amount done

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
Then we built a custom cage

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Then we built a custom cage

Added in 6 minutes 15 seconds:
Converted the Koni shocks to coilovers with a kit from JJC just to quicken up the process of being able to put wheels on it when we move projects in and out of the main garage

Been working on fibreglass bootlid that I picked up as it has seen a lot of filler and did not have any means of mounting it to the car or a catch and lock, so I cut up a bootlid that I had as a spare to get the top mounts and the catch and lock. Then fit them to this one, still needs a good bit of cleanup work though

Not done much recently till today we reckon this is a world 1st a Honda K20 in a Nova, going to start making
engine and box mounts in the next few days and hopefully gain some momentum again

Started on hydraulic clutch conversion but we might get a pedal box instead

Fabricated custom engine mounts

Test fitted a spare radiator we had and its a brilliant fit, maximum efficiency from space available

Tacced up driveshafts temporarily, lengths to be adjusted a bit

Modified the Vauxhall Corsa C power steering column to shorten it, waiting on wheel and boss to check positions before modifying it further
By scottmasterton
Been a long time since I've updated this but things are now slowly progressing
managed to grab a set of these 15x7 Team Dynamics for only £80 they need a bit of a clean up/touch up but really happy with the find

And been working on the brake setup

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]