The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Lee H 27
So the supercharged Type R I bought wasn't really what I wanted in the end and a bit too loud, managed to get what I think was a good price for it in light of the new Type R coming out next year and it left last week leaving the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Decided I didn't want another hot hatch so this weekend I travelled to Ireland and bought a car I've wanted for a few years. Car has most of the options ticked from new and has been really well looked after so I figured it was worth travelling for and paying a slight premium on. Had a terrific drive home from Scotland after getting the ferry back and I'm really happy with the purchase. Got a few little things to put right but its in great condition for a 12 year old car.

By Lee H 27
RM CYA wrote:Love these. How much you pick it up for?
Just over £16k including the private plate (means nothing to me bit hides it's age well). Possibly a little over the odds but hard to find a car with everything I wanted.

It had to be black or silver with a dark coloured interior (so many red or beige), had to be a facelift (don't want Boxster headlights) and had to have a manual gearbox (seem to be about 50/50 with tiptronics).

Also a couple of options I wanted were the Porsche system switchable exhaust and Bose system.

Bonuses were just had full suspension overhaul with lowering springs and Koni dampers. Also the aero kit which people either love or hate but ridiculously expensive new.
By Lee H 27
*nub* wrote:Is it faster than the fn2? ;)
Hard to say really as this actually just puts the power down. The FN2 felt faster as it was just ridiculous torque steer and wheelspin in the first couple of gears.
By brucelee11271940
I always see these and really like them especially with that aero kit I think its called? I know you have owned it for a short time but I assume you weighed up prices for maintenance, services, general repairs, what type of prices are we talking? Any future plans for it?
By yella
pulpmelon_r wrote:Is this the 'S' model Lee?
It's a 996 mate, they only started doing the S in 2wd 997 onwards
By Lee H 27
brucelee11271940 wrote:I always see these and really like them especially with that aero kit I think its called? I know you have owned it for a short time but I assume you weighed up prices for maintenance, services, general repairs, what type of prices are we talking? Any future plans for it?
I weighed up the engine issues they suffer with and whether I wanted the risk which is why I didn't buy one last year and got the FN2 instead, however the chances of failure are still relatively small. With this in mind and the fact I do a lot of my own work on cars I figured I can afford to put it right should the worst happen. Also this is a third car so I'll never be stuck for transport if something does go wrong.

Not planning to do anything else to it really, just a couple of niggles like the parrot kit doesn't work or the cigarette lighter (not much use for a flat sat nav when lost in Scotland).
By Stevo M81
The looks really good, nice replacement [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Kingston
Never seen the aero package on the MK2/didnt know it existed so you may have OEM GT3 parts....

If you smash the front splitter, buy the motorsport part as its alot cheaper
Last edited by Kingston on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]