The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Spiral45
A strange question, but i've had my EP3 for 3.5 years now with only a tegiwa M. I've been bored of the performance for a year but can't figure out what i'd like. Budget varies really. Ideally I want to spend no more than about 9k, but will if required go up to about 12-13 at a push. I sit and look at cars often, too long, i've decided to drive something tomorrow!

I keep considering something like a cayman or something high end, but I know the costs of running a marquee brand will be high. And that I have zero chance of fitting inside one at 6'4ish, same as with 350Z i couldn't get in.

Then i think turbo hatch? But are there any that are markedly quicker than an EP3? The megane sport 230 or 250 the engine sounds dull on videos which puts me off? The Focus st 225, is a bit bland and similar performance. A lowered, mapped ST would suit, but I can't find any to buy. A 250bhp FN2 would be awesome, but again, there are none for sale! The Audi S3 the reviews say is also bland.

I wonder if there is such as car that combines the rawness of a type R to some degree, a touch of refinement, improved performance, and a great sound for less than 15K?
Jules wrote:S3 /thread
To be fair Jules i forgotten I'd asked about german cars a few months ago just seen it in the list and you gave some stuff there about the S3. Might be worth looking in to. I have much healthier budget than I had in the initial thread so easier now. Well, similiar budget but more spare after.

Only issue is a stock S3 has zero road presence. The ideal car is actually newer shape focus RS, they have everything including bags of power sound and aggressive presence. There just 20K.
By Jules
Spiral45 wrote:
Jules wrote:S3 /thread
To be fair Jules i forgotten I'd asked about german cars a few months ago just seen it in the list and you gave some stuff there about the S3. Might be worth looking in to. I have much healthier budget than I had in the initial thread so easier now. Well, similiar budget but more spare after.

Only issue is a stock S3 has zero road presence. The ideal car is actually newer shape focus RS, they have everything including bags of power sound and aggressive presence. There just 20K.
Yeah, though I love the look of it and always have. It is subtle but to anyone that knows about cars you will get a look. You can park them and not worry too much (the mirrors are the main give away)

Some black wheels and the orange paint will give you plenty of presence mate
That does look really nice that mate. Might have a look at one. Might also check the owners club to see if theres one with a few subtle mods already done. Dealer costs for stuff would be double that of a megane or honda though would I be right to say, since its audi?
By Jules
I just serviced mine (was a major one) and it was £300 I think. My tyres were £130 a corner (pirelli p zero rosso) Fuel is really good (easy 30mpg+) Really not that bad, insurance will probably be better too. I have not found it too different to any of my other cars (Type R, MK5 R32 and JCW mini)

Most will be mapped to 300BHP+ now (£500)
I found a stock one very local I could have a gander at.

Does this seem reasonably priced? Main issue is always whether I can fit in comfortably, 90% of cars I can't, including big hire cars like insignias etc. The seating positions are always funny and high.
By dave_g
I think the Megane RS sounds ok with a decent exhaust, mapped they will be a decent amount quicker than an EP3,.I'm looking at a 230 R26 at the moment.

Can you get a 135i coupe for £12k?
By NPyke
dave_g wrote:I think the Megane RS sounds ok with a decent exhaust, mapped they will be a decent amount quicker than an EP3,.I'm looking at a 230 R26 at the moment.

Can you get a 135i coupe for £12k?
When i looked last year, no no you couldn't..

FN2 Turbo'd or Supercharged? Talking to Nub, seems like a logical step ahead of the EP3!
I've got to admit, i really like the look of the FN2 now, very aggressive from the front and side, and love the interior. Bullet proof engine. More power and would be great. With the change from how expensive say an S3, or an RS 250 is, that could pay for the KPRO and some. If a modded FN2 came up on here I reckon i'd buy it up quick. Out of the hot hatches, megane focus even S3, the way the FN2 looks excites the most, really nice. Still need to test drive a meganesport though or S3.
By davey j
With that budget you could buy an Fn2, get a drive in/drive out TdI North Turbo conversion and probably have change for brake upgrade to suit. You might need to go 2nd hand on ECU/Callipers to bring it in at £15k but it is doable. Just depends hat you want really.
Hello. Well sadly last couple of weeks I ended up too pissed to drive anywhere. My brilliant EP3 has nearly done 100,000 now.

So, I've spotted a very local car at the same place i got my EP3 from. Good garage, had zero issues.

Its a 60 plate meganesport on under 50k miles, white about £12k. I'm going to have a look saturday 100%. Got lots of kit too, cup pack so brembo, LSD, stiffer springs etc, heated leather, sat nav. I wanted black, do people think white looks good, or a bit feminine?

On paper they arn't much quicker than a type R. Can anyone with experience give me an idea as whether they are a worthy type R upgrade? I'd love some creature comforts, but it needs to perform and be fun. I've read the reviews, its a 250 version, and they said very very good, but I'm wondering if still exciting?

Any information would be apprecated. Also, is 12k reasonable for these or steep?
By TimEP3
Spiral45 wrote:Hello. Well sadly last couple of weeks I ended up too pissed to drive anywhere. My brilliant EP3 has nearly done 100,000 now.

So, I've spotted a very local car at the same place i got my EP3 from. Good garage, had zero issues.

Its a 60 plate meganesport on under 50k miles, white about £12k. I'm going to have a look saturday 100%. Got lots of kit too, cup pack so brembo, LSD, stiffer springs etc, heated leather, sat nav. I wanted black, do people think white looks good, or a bit feminine?

On paper they arn't much quicker than a type R. Can anyone with experience give me an idea as whether they are a worthy type R upgrade? I'd love some creature comforts, but it needs to perform and be fun. I've read the reviews, its a 250 version, and they said very very good, but I'm wondering if still exciting?

Any information would be apprecated. Also, is 12k reasonable for these or steep?
Pissed for a fortnight? Jeez, i thought i had issues with alcohol!

There aren't many (if any) Renaults that i'd spend £12,000 on, but that's just my personal opinion.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]