The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Spiral45
TimEP3 wrote:
Spiral45 wrote:Hello. Well sadly last couple of weeks I ended up too pissed to drive anywhere. My brilliant EP3 has nearly done 100,000 now.

So, I've spotted a very local car at the same place i got my EP3 from. Good garage, had zero issues.

Its a 60 plate meganesport on under 50k miles, white about £12k. I'm going to have a look saturday 100%. Got lots of kit too, cup pack so brembo, LSD, stiffer springs etc, heated leather, sat nav. I wanted black, do people think white looks good, or a bit feminine?

On paper they arn't much quicker than a type R. Can anyone with experience give me an idea as whether they are a worthy type R upgrade? I'd love some creature comforts, but it needs to perform and be fun. I've read the reviews, its a 250 version, and they said very very good, but I'm wondering if still exciting?

Any information would be apprecated. Also, is 12k reasonable for these or steep?
Pissed for a fortnight? Jeez, i thought i had issues with alcohol!

There aren't many (if any) Renaults that i'd spend £12,000 on, but that's just my personal opinion.
haha didn't word it right. The nights after work are too dark to properly inspect a car so only weekends are available.

I do have a renault phobia too, but the reviews for the car are brilliant. I just wish it had more road presence, i.e. noise and cylinders.
Any nuggets of wisdom about the megane RS 250 then, going to test drive one tomorrow?

I just hope it feels a fair enough bit faster than my Civic. I am not expecting miracles, but it needs to feel exciting and more powerful.
By Spiral45
I drove it the day I said btw. Lovely car looks really incredible, makes the EP3 look like a shoe box. Electric leather, panoramic type roof thing etc etc. I didn't buy it though. It was faster than the EP3 I believe for certain. Initially I was amazed as its the first turbo petrol i've driven. But once the excitement with the torque was over, I realized, that as an every day car it would be incredible with effortless overtaking etc..however, it didn't excite me or make me smile like I wanted. I put it down to engine character and noise. Even with exhausts I can't find videos of a good sounding meganesport. I may drive one again, maybe it was a bad day, I was a bit ill actually. But it certainly lacked drama is what I would say. Whilst effortless torque is great, I feel it needs more character. If that car sounded like a 350Z i'd buy it in a hear beat.

As it stands now I am back where i started with no idea what to replace my EP3 with. The two cars I fancied, 350Z and RS250, both didn't work out! (Couldn't fit in 350 lol).
i've thought about that, but they look a bit boring.

I could look on the owners club though, a white/black one lowered with black wheels, an exhaust and a map, i guess would be great. And I think, the rs250 was 12k, even a modded St would be significantly less, probably under 8?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]