The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Spiral45
TimEP3 wrote:
Spiral45 wrote:Hello. Well sadly last couple of weeks I ended up too pissed to drive anywhere. My brilliant EP3 has nearly done 100,000 now.

So, I've spotted a very local car at the same place i got my EP3 from. Good garage, had zero issues.

Its a 60 plate meganesport on under 50k miles, white about £12k. I'm going to have a look saturday 100%. Got lots of kit too, cup pack so brembo, LSD, stiffer springs etc, heated leather, sat nav. I wanted black, do people think white looks good, or a bit feminine?

On paper they arn't much quicker than a type R. Can anyone with experience give me an idea as whether they are a worthy type R upgrade? I'd love some creature comforts, but it needs to perform and be fun. I've read the reviews, its a 250 version, and they said very very good, but I'm wondering if still exciting?

Any information would be apprecated. Also, is 12k reasonable for these or steep?
Pissed for a fortnight? Jeez, i thought i had issues with alcohol!

There aren't many (if any) Renaults that i'd spend £12,000 on, but that's just my personal opinion.
haha didn't word it right. The nights after work are too dark to properly inspect a car so only weekends are available.

I do have a renault phobia too, but the reviews for the car are brilliant. I just wish it had more road presence, i.e. noise and cylinders.
Any nuggets of wisdom about the megane RS 250 then, going to test drive one tomorrow?

I just hope it feels a fair enough bit faster than my Civic. I am not expecting miracles, but it needs to feel exciting and more powerful.
By Spiral45
I drove it the day I said btw. Lovely car looks really incredible, makes the EP3 look like a shoe box. Electric leather, panoramic type roof thing etc etc. I didn't buy it though. It was faster than the EP3 I believe for certain. Initially I was amazed as its the first turbo petrol i've driven. But once the excitement with the torque was over, I realized, that as an every day car it would be incredible with effortless overtaking etc..however, it didn't excite me or make me smile like I wanted. I put it down to engine character and noise. Even with exhausts I can't find videos of a good sounding meganesport. I may drive one again, maybe it was a bad day, I was a bit ill actually. But it certainly lacked drama is what I would say. Whilst effortless torque is great, I feel it needs more character. If that car sounded like a 350Z i'd buy it in a hear beat.

As it stands now I am back where i started with no idea what to replace my EP3 with. The two cars I fancied, 350Z and RS250, both didn't work out! (Couldn't fit in 350 lol).
i've thought about that, but they look a bit boring.

I could look on the owners club though, a white/black one lowered with black wheels, an exhaust and a map, i guess would be great. And I think, the rs250 was 12k, even a modded St would be significantly less, probably under 8?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]