The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Loxy
Last edited by Loxy on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Loxy
Last edited by Loxy on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Loxy
Last edited by Loxy on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RSFN2GT wrote:
Loxy wrote:The FD2 was the most overrated car I've ever owned. My old FN2 drove better by a long margin.
There must have been something amiss with your fd2 mate.[emoji15]
If you could buy the FD2 in the UK it wouldn't have the god like status it enjoys on Honda forums.
ST

Been finding out about these. Saw really good lease deal. Decent drive / spec / practicality. But the deal was on st-3 on cars already built and in stock. Cruise control is only an option, so couldn't get a car with one. Looks like you have a lovely car, hope it serves you well.

FD2

Owned one of these as well. Took it on track as well. Really good fun. And std brakes more than enough for track days. Infact std suspension is better on track than road. Cracking cars. But you really have to like your Hondas to justify the premimum in buying one. They are nothing special to the majority of people.
hovblackctr wrote:What's with all the FD2 hating lately :vconf:

They are absolutely epic, easily the best type R I've ever owned.
Comparing Civic Type Rs. Best there is.
Comparing Type Rs, certainly up there.
Comparing £15.5k car (what mine cost in 2011 - 2008 car) with other performance cars at a similar price year. You start to think your money could buy you a lot more. Something as track focused - not sure you can find something. But something better built, fast drive on the road and all modern creature comforts, sure you could have got some nicer cars.

I guess the thing is if you lived in Japan and bought the car, its a performance bargain. But by one in the UK, you are paying a premium, more the rarity than how good the car is. Dunno perhaps its sour grapes on my part :oops: cos, Burton now owns my car and I don't think he's stopped smiling since :?:
uknowiama wrote:
I guess the thing is if you lived in Japan and bought the car, its a performance bargain. But by one in the UK, you are paying a premium, more the rarity than how good the car is. Dunno perhaps its sour grapes on my part :oops: cos, Burton now owns my car and I don't think he's stopped smiling since :?:
And that is the truth! Still smile now every time I get in it and take for a blast along a good road. The nurburgring reinforced my love for it too, and. Even amongst the exotic cars in the car park by the entrance it was getting noticeable attention and people stopping to ask about it.

Certainly no plans on selling it any time yet. Just have to thank 'uknowiama' for selling it when he did!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]