The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By dave_g
Ordered one last week, 1.4 ACT FR. It's replacing a diesel A1 and girlfriend will be using it for 20k miles a year, so economy is important. We got 49mpg on the test drive which for a petrol 150bhp engine is pretty impressive. Really nice car to drive and very pokey for a 1.4. Seems to come with a huge amount of kit as standard which is nice to have.

2 month wait for delivery but looking forward to getting it :-D
By dave_g
kev_croombs2 wrote:If economy is important why didn't you get diesel?
Because the petrol is a fair bit cheaper to buy and is economical enough that it works out around the same price as the diesel when cost of car and fuel is considered. It's also far more refined to drive and fingers crossed doesn't have some of the reliability issues we had with the diesel.
By pulpmelon_r
Hi dave_g

I feel obliged to point out some of the things CTRO expects, nay, demands from this sort of thread.

1) A 'what car next thread' up to 18 months before any sort of test driving.
2) A budget of at least £50k
3) Talk of muscle cars and sports cars followed by the expectation of maintaining low running costs and space for children, hounds etc
4) Eventual acquisition of something totally different to originally intended.

You cant just come here with a new car and brazenly skip steps 1-3, it will cause all kinds of dissent!
By civictyper45
pulpmelon_r wrote:Hi dave_g

I feel obliged to point out some of the things CTRO expects, nay, demands from this sort of thread.

3) Talk of muscle cars and sports cars followed by the expectation of maintaining low running costs and space for children, hounds etc

You cant just come here with a new car and brazenly skip steps 1-3, it will cause all kinds of dissent!
:roflmao:
By NHB_EP3_Chris
kev_croombs2 wrote:If economy is important why didn't you get diesel?
Why bother with a diesel if the petrol still returns 50mpg?
And besides, diesels tend to only get the higher figures when they are sat at cruising speed in a tall gear. Around town they aren't anything special, it just costs more to buy the fuel.
By dave_g
pulpmelon_r wrote:Hi dave_g

:lol: thanks and apologies for not following the correct process
By yella
not bad cars, lot of kit.

hope you have ticked the DSG box as thats the best way to get mega miles.

I regularly get 45-50mpg out of my daily Fabia VRS, but thats the twin charged 1.4, but i'd never go back to manual for a daily.
By dave_g
Didn't go DSG, we tried a diesel DSG but girlfriend wasn't keen. Just as well really as you can't get it on the Leon with the 1.4 petrol, only the Golf and A3 get it. Would cost an extra 4/5k.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]