The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By berty182
It's been a few months now since i sold my Astra Vxr Nurburgring which in all honesty was a great car and sounded amazing!

Astra

I traded her in for this....

:-D
By AndyK83
Awesome mate, nice to see one without black alloys for a change :bigthumb:
By berty182
Thanks mate :-D RS is completely standard and will stay that way for the time being.
By berty182
AndyK83 wrote:Awesome mate, nice to see one without black alloys for a change :bigthumb:
cheers mate, I do like the look you get with the black alloys and black bonnet vents but i prefer the silver :-D
By davey j
Is it night and day in comparison to the VXR or not too disimilar? Only ever driven a mk1 VXR and never had the pleasure of the Ford. They certainly aren't shy in the looks!
By smartie
As above, nice to see one without black fookin wheels. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By berty182
davey j wrote:Is it night and day in comparison to the VXR or not too disimilar? Only ever driven a mk1 VXR and never had the pleasure of the Ford. They certainly aren't shy in the looks!
I didn't think there would be much difference between the two but there's a huge difference! From 0-60 there isn't much between them

Astra - 6.2s
Focus - 5.7s

But as soon as you get passed 60 the RS is like a rocket in comparison

0-100

Astra - 16.4s
Focus - 12.6s

The handling on the astra i didn't really trust, it felt a little wishy washy where the RS is so planted and just sticks
By berty182
smartie wrote:As above, nice to see one without black fookin wheels. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Thanks mate :-D
By mezmo
berty182 wrote:
davey j wrote:Is it night and day in comparison to the VXR or not too disimilar? Only ever driven a mk1 VXR and never had the pleasure of the Ford. They certainly aren't shy in the looks!
I didn't think there would be much difference between the two but there's a huge difference! From 0-60 there isn't much between them

Astra - 6.2s
Focus - 5.7s

0-100

Astra - 16.4s
Focus - 12.6s

The handling on the astra i didn't really trust, it felt a little wishy washy where the RS is so planted and just sticks
Nice car mate, I had a 400bhp RS and it was a rocket.

However your stats are wrong, standard RS will hit 100 in 14.2 and 60 in 5.9 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Great car though with masses of midrange torque. Only criticism is they're too heavy.
By *nub*
just checked and its like 1467kg, pretty much the same power to weight as my 245bhp ep3. if they even make 305bhp on the dyno :smile:
saw one IRL before and it looks good though
By mezmo
*nub* wrote:just checked and its like 1467kg, pretty much the same power to weight as my 245bhp ep3. if they even make 305bhp on the dyno :smile:
saw one IRL before and it looks good though
They are a fantastic car to drive, the engine has so much character. Just wish they followed Renaults idea of making a lightweight model. The car still would have sold and it would've probably nailed the nurburgring fwd record at the time.
By RM CYA
Nice cars! What's the damage on these now?
By berty182
mezmo wrote:
berty182 wrote:

Astra - 6.2s
Focus - 5.7s

0-100

Astra - 16.4s
Focus - 12.6s

However your stats are wrong, standard RS will hit 100 in 14.2 and 60 in 5.9 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Great car though with masses of midrange torque. Only criticism is they're too heavy.
Sorry my mistake :lol: yeah they are to heavy, it looks a lump and is a lump haha

The engine noise though :evil:

What mods did you do to your RS mate?
By berty182
RM CYA wrote:Nice cars! What's the damage on these now?
This year they have gone back up in value, it's crazy how well their holding their value! Mine was listed for 20k but managed to knock 1k off and part exchanged the astra so worked out that i paid about 11k

2 owners
Full ford service history
Immaculate condition
43k on the clock
By Josh1921
They look ok, bit chav tastic! The interior is ghastly :lol:

Nub y you keep comparing your car to everything else fgt. RS would blow it away son.
By mezmo
berty182 wrote:
mezmo wrote:
berty182 wrote:

Astra - 6.2s
Focus - 5.7s

0-100

Astra - 16.4s
Focus - 12.6s

Sorry my mistake :lol: yeah they are to heavy, it looks a lump and is a lump haha

If you have a look at SCC performance website, I basically had their 400bhp upgrade along with lowered suspension, 8 pot callipers and other bits and pieces. The car was mental, dyno'd at 404bhp and 420ft lb torque. On the move it was just savage acceleration. I had a 300bhp jrsc civic before, but the focus was much quicker in gear due to the torque.
By J
Vaxhall v Ford. :lol:

Majorca v Blackpool.
By berty182
mezmo wrote:
berty182 wrote:
mezmo wrote:
berty182 wrote:

Astra - 6.2s
Focus - 5.7s

0-100

Astra - 16.4s
Focus - 12.6s

If you have a look at SCC performance website, I basically had their 400bhp upgrade along with lowered suspension, 8 pot callipers and other bits and pieces. The car was mental, dyno'd at 404bhp and 420ft lb torque. On the move it was just savage acceleration. I had a 300bhp jrsc civic before, but the focus was much quicker in gear due to the torque.
I'll have a look for it now mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]