The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Lee H 27
Thought my other car may interest some people on here.

Not a common engine conversion, think I'm the third in the uk to do it and I can see why as space is so tight. A lot of people don't see the point of putting an old engine in a newer car. The engine in question is out of a mk2 MR2 and is the 2.0 turbo. Rebuilt with forged pistons and running a conservative 280ish bhp at the moment until I sort a less restrictive exhaust out.

All the dials work as they should, had to run the standard ecu in tandem to keep the dash functions.

Great fun to drive and pretty quick weighing just over a ton.

By G.
Great job man, I bet that is a hoot. The newer Mr was always a better balanced car, combined with the pokey older motor is a recipe for fun. Mind you as you space in the older one was tight as it was, I used to have a Gen2, just a G Limited though.

I often wondered if a K20 would fit in a Roadster....
By Lee H 27
A K20 fits perfectly in one of these. Mounts and shafts are readily available in the US to drop one straight in. Would probably be a better move as the K20 is much lighter than this engine so would maintain the cars original balance.

The only reason I did this instead was I had the engine sat there and the shafts were a straight fit and I knew the wiring would be slightly easier. K20 is still niggling in the back of my mind though.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]