The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By jtc
Still runabout shopping ...

I've had a quick google around and the K24* in the 2003 ish accord seems the closest brother to a CTR K20.

Can anyone shed some more light on the similarities/differences for a simpleton? :lol:

I can pick up a relatively low miles, 2.4, fully loaded accord (saloon or tourer) for not much money - just wondering if that 2.4 would be much fun or not.
By dandemoraliser
Main reason they're cheap is fuel consumption, although not to dissimilar to ep3, people in the "honda" mindset are scared off by it.

Terms of power etc. lower red line due to bigger displacement and longer stroke, which increases torque. K24 is the bottom end people use for the frankenstein mod when they blow their ep3's up!

I was tempted by a 2006 estate the other day, thought that would be epic sleeper, but being 06 road tax was awful. :lol:
By Lewisgame
Follow tdi north on Facebook. I believe they've got one as a project to see how much power they can get from simple things like exhaust, intake, cams from a type r ect. All parts that are cheap and easily available.
By jtc
Hmmm tempting. I do fancy the tourer, but they're quite rare. Not sure I can squeeze a 35kg lab into the saloon boot!

But 2.4 vtec for not much money, about £220 to insure and £280 to tax. Servicing seems relatively cheap too, for a Honda :wink: :lol:

Still looking at car options, just waiting on bonus news to see if my upper budget is 3 or 4k.
By dandemoraliser
jtc wrote:Hmmm tempting. I do fancy the tourer, but they're quite rare. Not sure I can squeeze a 35kg lab into the saloon boot!

But 2.4 vtec for not much money, about £220 to insure and £280 to tax. Servicing seems relatively cheap too, for a Honda :wink: :lol:

Still looking at car options, just waiting on bonus news to see if my upper budget is 3 or 4k.
yep i need estate due to dog, and would be cheap to buy way back into the jap fold!
By jtc
dandemoraliser wrote:
jtc wrote:Hmmm tempting. I do fancy the tourer, but they're quite rare. Not sure I can squeeze a 35kg lab into the saloon boot!

yep i need estate due to dog, and would be cheap to buy way back into the jap fold!
Wife was looking at S2K's ... I told her I won't get paid that much :lol:

We've got her Kuga for the dog, so worst case I might pick up a saloon just for fun ... if there's fun to be had! But I'm really on the lookout for a hatch. The 2.4 Accords had passed me by, hence the investigating [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Accord tourer with this k20/k24 turbo performance would be lols (but ££££)

By skinnyman9000
I've got an 06 plate 2.4 Type S. The engine is pretty different from the K20, VTEC comes in a lot later, but midrange torque is decent. I get an average of 30mpg, mostly town with a bit of distance driving, but I do potter around quite leisurely.

There's a company on the Accord forum offering ecu reflashes that supposedly improves mpg whilst bringing the VTEC point a bit lower.

I like mine though, lots of kit for the money compared to say something German.
By jtc
I'm going for an old EP3, just for the fun factor ... and, although not preferable, can stick the dog in the boot if/when we need to.
By baddohc
Just sent the recovery guy to get one for me.

152k with full Honda history. 04 reg type s saloon.
Few minor faults (scratch etc). £1100
Even if it drives like a bag of nails, can stick the bottom end on to my civic!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]