The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
yella wrote:
Spiral45 wrote:Thanks, sort of what I expected really. By this logic then should the Megan's rs 250 be a decent step up overall? Or is the older r26 better?
The old Megane was good but a boggo 250 is better out the box than an R26-R.
:lol: ummm no it isn't. Unless you're talking equipment.
Spiral45 wrote:I've had my ep3, stock bar a tegiwa filter for 3 years in April. I wanted to change 6 months ago, but my budget of 8K didn't seem to go far. Budget is higher now. So I was just looking at a 2007 Audi S3 on pistonheads, and wondering about the german hatches like Golf R32.

How do these compare in driving experience? I imagine outright performance is similiar to an EP3. I do want something slightly more refined, but I also want a better power spread, and crucially, to avoid the soft wallowy suspention setups I read about in these german cars.

Would these cars compare to the EP3 excitement, as well as offering the better drivibility I crave?

Was considering Evo/Scoob, but I dare not buy these private, and no dealer seems to sell them.
Hi mate.

I had my 1st EP3 for over 5yrs & the 2nd one for 3yrs. After that bought a Golf GT which was a different but nice car.

And now Iv had my MK5 R32 for 8 months now compared to the EP3's it's a much better car.

Yes heavier in weight but the build quilty ride handling & performance is much better then the EP3.

It is heavy on pertrol but not as bad as what people make it out to be.

The S3 is a good quality motor that's what I'm getting early next year.

I think you should drive both to see what you like...

Big eck's Leon's nice another good choice.

You can drive mine if your any where near bradford [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I've come from vdubs to the EP3. Bang for buck the civic wins hands down. Plus they're far cheaper to mod and less expensive to fix when they go bang. Not so refined and comfortable but I didn't buy the civic for that.
Unless your budget exceeds 10k I wouldn't bother with a VAG hot hatch. You'll end up with one close to 100k miles and probably bent.
I quite like the look of the new S1. 228bhp a little car with 4 wheel drive sounds fun! Did somebody say remap? :lol: :twisted: They reckon it could be around 25k though!
What the 'shoe' model or the one with the jutting out boot which would make it a coupe or saloon dependant on how much it sticks out by?

I wont delete my message but ill wind my neck in as just seen the 135 is a hatch though all the 135 ive seen are coupes
Kingston wrote:What the 'shoe' model or the one with the jutting out boot which would make it a coupe or saloon dependant on how much it sticks out by?

I wont delete my message but ill wind my neck in as just seen the 135 is a hatch though all the 135 ive seen are coupes
Yeah was on about the new hatch. Just playing
comparing an R32 to an Ep3.......................................

this place ain't changed then.

I should be slating my Ep3 as its not as fast as my 130i. horse for course, Ep3 was and still is a good car for what it is. But comparing it to a later much pricier R32/S3 or 130i really is not sensible.

Closest of all the crop now tot he civic has to be the fiesta ST in basic spec.

back to German hatches, they are good, but if you like playing and tinkering with your cars like an Ep3 you may be barking up the wrong tree. Newer models like the M135i are great but think of the sensation you get in a GTR, almost as if the car is doing a lot more of the hard work than the driver is, especially the auto M135i. If you like that then go for it.

still rate the Megane RS, cracking car and bargain money now
EP3crew wrote:
Spiral45 wrote:I've had my ep3, stock bar a tegiwa filter for 3 years in April. I wanted to change 6 months ago, but my budget of 8K didn't seem to go far. Budget is higher now. So I was just looking at a 2007 Audi S3 on pistonheads, and wondering about the german hatches like Golf R32.

How do these compare in driving experience? I imagine outright performance is similiar to an EP3. I do want something slightly more refined, but I also want a better power spread, and crucially, to avoid the soft wallowy suspention setups I read about in these german cars.

Would these cars compare to the EP3 excitement, as well as offering the better drivibility I crave?

Was considering Evo/Scoob, but I dare not buy these private, and no dealer seems to sell them.
Hi mate.

I had my 1st EP3 for over 5yrs & the 2nd one for 3yrs. After that bought a Golf GT which was a different but nice car.

And now Iv had my MK5 R32 for 8 months now compared to the EP3's it's a much better car.

Yes heavier in weight but the build quilty ride handling & performance is much better then the EP3.

It is heavy on pertrol but not as bad as what people make it out to be.

The S3 is a good quality motor that's what I'm getting early next year.

I think you should drive both to see what you like...

Big eck's Leon's nice another good choice.

You can drive mine if your any where near bradford [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Were you not getting an S3 4 years ago? Spent all your budget on NOS?

S3 is leagues ahead of an EP3 in pretty much every way bar excitement, but only if you define excitement as hitting 9000rpm just to safely overtake someone. The turbo of the S3 will make it feel a lot faster than the others, it isn't much different on the road. Quattro is great if you plan to mod; I've had plenty of people over the years show me their powaaa in their modified GTI/ST/Cupra/Type R and it's never very impressive seeing them spin off, always feel sorry for their cars bouncing away as I slowly set off.

I preferred my R32 to my S3, had something about it, the S3 is just a car. Leon is quick but the interior is awful! Only issue with an MPS is you end up owning an MPS. Will be looking at a 228i or a 428i next, not really interested in fast fwd and not owned a rwd car. Only reason I am not getting the new S3 is it's just too expensive new for what it is compared to BMW's offerings now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]