The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
Had one years ago. Not the quickest car I've had but I loved the lazy feel and classic looks of it.

Amazing condition, probably paid over the odds but 100% worth it to get a good one.

Sailed through the MOT. Needs wheel alignment doing and I need to demist the driver's headlight.

120k. FSH. Michelin Pilots. Standard except it's been dropped on springs, wheels refurbed, M3 elec mirrors, M3 splitter.

DSC_0107 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
DSC_0104 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
DSC_0103 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
No only the 95/96 had LSD. The 97 onwards are the facelift versions with ASC - which I think is just an electronic Stability control/traction control. It's a bit gash to be honest that bit, but you can delete it.

It's not a chuckable hot hatch or anything like the Civic, another reason why I got it. Torquey, comfortable motorway cruiser that feels planted and looks awesome. Not a revvy, chuckable, hooligan like the CTR.

Love em both.
Still have a soft spot for these, you dont see them that often now and when you do they seem to be covered in rust. My dad had a '93 320i coupe and it was a lovely motor, sounded gorgeous but could have done with just a bit more oomph. I was gutted when he part-ex'd it for an e46 saloon, just wasn't as nice.
Nice car. :cool:

I've got an E36 M3 Evo which I managed to pick up off a friend of a friend a few months ago and it's near mint condition.

I thought the K20 was an impressive engine but the S30B32, especially for an engine that'll soon be getting on for 20 years old, is incredible.
No heated leather in mine.

Not been in an evo but sisters fella has a mint 96 3.0 and that's pretty sharp. Still no rev crazy lunatic vtec but they don't half shift when you actually look at the speedo!

So many e36 at the ring, so they're doing something right!
my mates got about 12 of them, best bit about E36's is everything is so straight forward on them.

would always have a 328i over an M3. M3 engine is still big bucks when it goes wrong, where as 328i engines can be picked up for £200. a mate of mine has a M3 GT, engine went at spa, so chucked in a spare 323i lump in a day whilst 3.0 lump is rebuilt. My mate has 12 of the buggers and buys them up off ebay for the engines and parts. that's the beauty of BMW's, so much is interchangeable so you can take all the good bits off an M car and bolt them on to a regular car.

Bung the m50 manifold on it, get a chipped ecu to raise the rev limiter and increase fueling, half descent exhaust and you will be close to 240bhp. chuck a diff in and go have some fun.
I'm not a BMW fan myself but I know what you mean when you say parts are interchangeable. My friend bought a 1990 h reg 325 for about 300 quid a few years back and after picking up an aftermarket bodykit for it ( can't remember the name but it was over 2 grand new but he bought second hand) fitted that which was very very wide! It increased the width about 12 inches and he bought the wheels from same guy which were 12" wide on the rear and 9" wide on the front! Rear tyres were same size as lamborghini countach if I remember correctly something like 335 width. He then turbo'd the engine which encountered some issues and after rebuilding it 3 times came to the conclusion the engine couldn't take the power. So he then bought a 5litre v12 BMW engine which believe it or not does fit....just! But was such a hassle with modifying parts to fit decided on a 4 litre v8 instead. It had rear seats taken out and replaced with an 8000w amp and full dvd set up including theloudest.com speakers and sub install.seats were replaced with bucket seats and full roll cage fitted with uprated suspension. Was awesome toy! He got bored and sold it about 2 years ago and received email the other day from the new owner informing him it's still about and in the process of being sprayed an original BMW dark silver sort of colour at the moment ( my friend had it sprayed blue when he had it)
Sorry for the long post but my point being who would have thought an old 325 could fit 4 litre v8 with little to no hassle or 5 litre v12 with some fettling
Yeah I've been eyeing up exhausts and the M50 kit with map.

At the mo though I'm kinda liking the way it is. The ASC is a bit annoying but that's an easy fix.

Probs will do in time, always do end up fettling.

First thing up is a full on detail.

Tax and insurance due end of month too, but it's really cheap to insure surprisingly.
Might not be as chuckable as an EP3 is, But can still have some rear end slide happy action in those 328's... drove a few of them way back in the day, And the M3's. To be honest, The 328's can still shift along just as good when you plant your foot down.... sounded nice aswell!!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]