The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Rapid 17
Audi A1 Sportback, does anyone either own one or has anyone driven a new or newish one ? how do you rate it ?
By Aid1987
I've got a 1.6tdi A1 and I think it's great. Not how how it compares to a sport back though.
By dave_g
Aid1987 wrote:I've got a 1.6tdi A1 and I think it's great. Not how how it compares to a sport back though.
Same here, got a 3dr one as company car that the girlfriend uses, done 38k miles in just under 2 years. We like it enough that we will probably buy it to run privately for a couple of years as it will work out cheaper than a new company car. 60+ mpg is realistic, £0 road tax, 20k miles service intervals and is nippy enough as it's reasonably light and very torquey. I had the 2.0Tdi version earlier in the week as a courtesy car which didn't feel that much quicker.

There are plenty of A1 haters out there, but they are good to drive, cheap to run (if not to buy) low depreciation and great interior.

Wouldn't want it for myself as I prefer a bigger car, but it is very good.
By Rapid 17
Thank you for the replies chaps. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Aid1987
dave_g wrote:
Aid1987 wrote:I've got a 1.6tdi A1 and I think it's great. Not how how it compares to a sport back though.
Same here, got a 3dr one as company car that the girlfriend uses, done 38k miles in just under 2 years. We like it enough that we will probably buy it to run privately for a couple of years as it will work out cheaper than a new company car. 60+ mpg is realistic, £0 road tax, 20k miles service intervals and is nippy enough as it's reasonably light and very torquey. I had the 2.0Tdi version earlier in the week as a courtesy car which didn't feel that much quicker.

There are plenty of A1 haters out there, but they are good to drive, cheap to run (if not to buy) low depreciation and great interior.

Wouldn't want it for myself as I prefer a bigger car, but it is very good.
Same here, It's my company car and I've had it since new. It's done 13k now and that's since I got it last year.

Currently got a 2.0tdi A3 pool car while the A1 is in for a repair. It's a bit more comfy and obviously quicker but I prefer the interior of the A1. I've also realised that I don't really mind the A1 being small because it's great for town driving and parking which I tend to do a lot of. It also feels nice and nippy with the 1.6 as well.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]