The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Mr Anderson
Since buying a 1.4 diesel Yaris in May, i've been on the lookout for another car, and I've just put a deposit on this http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... to-content

It feels quick (not suprisingly), especially when it reaches 5k. Loads of history, obviously well taken care of. Drove great, no problems. Sucks going from an annual VED of £30 up to £200+ again, and half the MPG, but you're a long time dead so why not.

Comes with Xenons, cruise, climate, switchable ESP, half leather, and an aftermarket exhaust which sounds good. Just need to adjust one of the tailpipe brackets so the pipes are level.

Managed to get the seller down to £2800, and he was a copper, which was reassuring.
By yella
182's are great if you are looking to get more into car maintenance. Gearboxes are edible too, great melted on a waffle.
By Mr Anderson
Loving the Clio. Found out today the car checks the oil level when starting the engine, and displays the amount remaining in the trip computer. Quite cool!
By yella
Mr Anderson wrote:Loving the Clio. Found out today the car checks the oil level when starting the engine, and displays the amount remaining in the trip computer. Quite cool!
don't rely on it. Dip stick is the best method, used to have a long electornic dip stick on the old Renault 5's , now that was tech
By CrouchyM
Those digital displays are sh-t.

My mates sisters mk2 Clio said "oil level ok" and the the dipstick was bone dry. Not a drop on it!
By Mr Anderson
Just done a full tank, averaged 36mpg, not bad at all. Few rattles as you'd expect, and it's not an easy car to drive around town and small streets, but comes alive when giving it some on the back roads

No electric faults yet which must be a miracle
By bornlucky1
A friend had a blue (that flat blue that suits them?) one of these and i loved it, get the k-tec rear arb as its mental the difference it makes.
By steve83
I had a phase 2 172 and a v6, i had no problems with either cars, maybe i was lucky.
By pulpmelon_r
Andy-type r wrote:Waiting for clio twisties and ep3 driver saying with diff, arbs, coilovers we beat clio.
How is 'best at twisties' even decided anyway?
By Andy-type r
pulpmelon_r wrote:
Andy-type r wrote:Waiting for clio twisties and ep3 driver saying with diff, arbs, coilovers we beat clio.
How is 'best at twisties' even decided anyway?
Basically if it has a renault badge it's best in twisties unless has v6 next to said renault badge.
By pulpmelon_r
CTRO top trumps

Renault Clio - Twistie rating 10/10
EP3 - Ethos rating 100/100
3MPS - When rolling in the dry
Diesel Automatic BMW - 100 Snooze points
FMTXS - Steering feel rating 100%
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]