The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By Mad-Dog
bornlucky1 wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:C32 amg
Pmsl, my best mates got one of those, they're crap at anything other than straight lines and rusting fast :lol:
Can be had stupidly cheap though for a car with 350hp!
He only asked for a great sounding car [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] :lol:
By yella
bornlucky1 wrote:
yella wrote:these are in the bracket

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... dr/1644017#

sound good standard especially induction, but a little catback sounds great

I looked at two of those, if they had a lsd i'd maybe even have gone for one but running costs weren't much less than the M3 which swayed me to that which is a little bit better at everything.

O.P, i think the E46 m3 sounds great but the M3 rasp does divide opinion. Apart from the noise though it's a much better car in pretty much every way than any of your original choices. There's a reason why everyone at the 'ring chooses them :wink:Image

I also like leighs curve ball monaro 6ltr but to get one sub 7k it'd need to be miley or pre-repaired i think.

now i know your kidding.....lol

Running costs are not even in the same league as an M3 mate, not sure who told you that, hence a lot of owners off cutters downsizing to them.
By Danith
TimEP3 wrote:OP, I take it you're the guy on R32OC, looking a swap with your pre-facelift?
Guilty
By Danith
E46 M3 is definitely a shout. Doesn't sound as nice as an R32 though, no doubt would drive much better though - but as said, I'm sat on the M62 most of the time so it's about comfort and sound now. Type R gets a little tiring on the motorways, better than the 172's I've had though.

I've driven my brother's MKIV a few times, the nose is so heavy, it's not a hot hatch as such really, but the sound makes up for it. The gearchange feels a bit sloppy but that's only cos the CTR's box is absolutely spot on!
By Danith
Shappers wrote:1998 pug 406 coupe 3.0v6

then put the remaining 6K towards a) fixing it b) h00kers and coke.

Seriously though, they do sound immense.
You sir, are on my wavelength. Well done.
By mjhamilton
Just Dirk wrote:Choosing a car by the noise it makes really is fukkin stupid

bit like dismissing the XBone as the case is too big and the PSU is external :)
By chris wheela
Not really. If its all about the driving experience.

Not sure why people are talking about bmws though in here?
By bornlucky1
yella wrote:

now i know your kidding.....lol

Running costs are not even in the same league as an M3 mate, not sure who told you that, hence a lot of owners off cutters downsizing to them.
You ever owned an m3? I havent owned a 130i but i have owned a 330i and the difference isn't massive to that. You still have the same service plans theyre just slightly more expensive, mainly because of the oil, same with fuel, infact on a run my m3 uses about the same amount as my ep3 due to the m3 not revving its tits of. Sure, tyres are expensive, but i'm pretty sure a well specced 130i with 18" runflats won't be much cheaper.
By Superman001
chris wheela wrote:
Not really. If its all about the driving experience.

Not sure why people are talking about bmws though in here?
Because straight 6's sound awesome.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]