The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By dave_g
To replace my Mk5 Gti

Had it 4 days, great fun but it is quite heavy. Was also considering an s2000 (they cost a bit more than I wanted to spend for a 04-05 plate) and z4 3.0 (poor steering and awful ride but great engine). This popped up for sale near by and it is in great condition for a 9 year old/70k miles car. Owned by a engineer at Mclaren for past 3 years so it's been well looked after!

By SuperFLY
god dammit!

been missing my old one (same colour but 06 rev-up model gt pack) and this isn't helping!

so tempted to try and find another

lovely car
By GMballistic
Looks very nice & great colour. :salut:

I do like these but just wish it was a 4wd. :cool: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By dave_g
SuperFLY wrote:god dammit!

been missing my old one (same colour but 06 rev-up model gt pack) and this isn't helping!

so tempted to try and find another

lovely car
Do it, they are great value at the moment, paid just over £6k for it. The extra power of the rev-up would be nice, but I avoided them for tax reasons, I didn't want to pay £480 a year when I only do about 4,000 miles a year!
By SuperFLY
dave_g wrote: Do it, they are great value at the moment, paid just over £6k for it. The extra power of the rev-up would be nice, but I avoided them for tax reasons, I didn't want to pay £480 a year when I only do about 4,000 miles a year!
not long bought a dc5 :D might live with that for a few more months (can't help trolling autotrader every now and again though)

main reason i prefer the 05+ is the better dash.. the satnav lid part is a bit flimsy on the earlier ones.

plus the earlier ones had crappy alloys but i see you've got the 05+ rays on yours so thats good.. love those alloys :)
By Just Dirk
*nub* wrote:is it slower than ep3?
will keep up with an ep3 to about 120 then the honda will pull away
By dave_g
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:poor mans porsche
Probably true, I'd rather drive a 997 CS, but that's an extra £20k at least plus 2 x running costs. Every car is a poor mans something. A GTR is a poor mans Veyron etc etc

As for comparisons with EP3, totally different drive, probably similar straight line but a EP3 would be quicker in the twisties.
By dave_g
SuperFLY wrote:
dave_g wrote: Do it, they are great value at the moment, paid just over £6k for it. The extra power of the rev-up would be nice, but I avoided them for tax reasons, I didn't want to pay £480 a year when I only do about 4,000 miles a year!
not long bought a dc5 :D might live with that for a few more months (can't help trolling autotrader every now and again though)

main reason i prefer the 05+ is the better dash.. the satnav lid part is a bit flimsy on the earlier ones.

plus the earlier ones had crappy alloys but i see you've got the 05+ rays on yours so thats good.. love those alloys :)
I did think about a DC5, but after 2 EP3's wanted something a bit different and rear wheel drive.
By sinbad
Miss mine too, I think there a bargain sports gt car. Totally reliable as well

Nice colour, I bet the pics don't do it justice.

Earlier ones had the Rays as an option and not as standard.
By Josh1921
Shappers wrote: these have aged really badly. Looks properly dated.
This
By SuperFLY
a friend said that to me recently.. i don't see it. looks great to me.

that said i remember hating it when it first came out with those fridge door handles :D
By *nub*
dave_g wrote:
Probably true, I'd rather drive a 997 CS, but that's an extra £20k at least plus 2 x running costs. Every car is a poor mans something. A GTR is a poor mans Veyron etc etc

As for comparisons with EP3, totally different drive, probably similar straight line but a EP3 would be quicker in the twisties.
thanks, you've made my day :thumbup:
By Liam Type-R
dave_g wrote:
Probably true, I'd rather drive a 997 CS, but that's an extra £20k at least plus 2 x running costs. Every car is a poor mans something.

Except the e p tree.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]