The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By mjhamilton
Mad-Dog wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:not really a fan of the cabby but it's starting to look good.You can see the time has been spent bringing it up to scratch. Audi V8 is a peach too. Nat's grandad had an RS4, sounded awesome.

What is the re-flash? is that basically similar to a re-map in that it unleashes more ponies?
see hear one of the options for reflash!

1.50 in

thats the latest 3l v6 supercharged version, mj has the older B6 4.2 v8. I'm not sure the re-flash has the same effect
1m27s - engine is a v8 4.2lt FSI version according to what he is saying but is shown as you say in the video footage

Confused as to why he is talking about a v8 when driving a B8 S4 with supercharger?!?!?..that's what caught me out :)
By Shappers
mjhamilton wrote: One thing I do notice now if the amount of cabs around with their roofs up even on sunny days - I guess they are driven by vain people who don't want their hair messed up but then why buy one in the first place??... for us unless of course it is raining everyday is a roof down day :bigthumb:
If you're doing city driving, stop start traffic, with the sun beating down directly on you can get flipping hot... especially if you've got black leather heating things up. Roof up + aircon on = more comfortable.

my drop top has cream laether so doesn't get that hot... also no aircon so it's roof down or roast alive, :lol:
By mjhamilton
Shappers wrote:
mjhamilton wrote: One thing I do notice now if the amount of cabs around with their roofs up even on sunny days - I guess they are driven by vain people who don't want their hair messed up but then why buy one in the first place??... for us unless of course it is raining everyday is a roof down day :bigthumb:
If you're doing city driving, stop start traffic, with the sun beating down directly on you can get flipping hot... especially if you've got black leather heating things up. Roof up + aircon on = more comfortable.

my drop top has cream laether so doesn't get that hot... also no aircon so it's roof down or roast alive, :lol:
found that out already but seeing as I live in the boonies I very rarely hit traffic so a rare issue - even the MPG doesn't bother me at all at I work from home so this is just a toy - family wagon is a Kia Soul2 which is the car that get's destroyed by the kids on a daily basis - so far only driven about 5 times with the roof up and it is actually pretty refined considering it's an 8 year old boat :bigthumb:

I have been told to use the aircon with the roof down but the engineer in me tells me that will soon burn out the compressor in no time
By Mad-Dog
mjhamilton wrote:1m27s - engine is a v8 4.2lt FSI version according to what he is saying but is shown as you say in the video footage

Confused as to why he is talking about a v8 when driving a B8 S4 with supercharger?!?!?..that's what caught me out :)
You're not having a good day today dude, He said "B8 model S4"

I'm putting it down to it being a monday :wink: :lol:
By mjhamilton
When I watched it I was using the subtitles with the sound off as I was in a meeting - another Monday issue ;)
By kingofdbrits
mjhamilton wrote: - Reflash to 400bhp
No chance. The old S4's never got close to the claimed power figures, most were well under 300bhp when they were tested. I had a run with one on a slip road and i thought it had the handbrake on, makes a nice noise mind.

This place used to have the S4 figure, but seems to have gone now? The RS4 was equally bad http://rototest-research.eu/popup/perfo ... artsID=281

Those Audi V8's are notorious for clogging up, best thing you could do is get some seafoam and get that engine clear.
By mjhamilton
About 4 and a half tonnes :lol:

The cab is even heavier for the bracing - it is not racecar ;)

As for power , I couldn't give a hoot - Quattro is nice but you lose a load through that system anyway it just goes really well (no pleasing some people) - was bought as a family fun day out car so it ticks all the boxes aside from the mpg but :)

As for clogging - you are referring to the FSI variant of this engine - this one is the more basic one - about 2k miles ago it had a egr strip and clean and a terraclean, audi have some special version of this which actually is supposed to get the carbon off the valves (apparently if you believe that or not)
Last edited by mjhamilton on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
By mjhamilton
It's nice that I cannot see nubs posts - I am sure they are the usual retarded quips in a vain attempt to be funny and get a rise :lol:
By mjhamilton
Well ... I wasn't going to point that out but hey ho,,,, glad someone else noticed

No other car can have more power that an emmpee eeees :lol:

He had me at "Thought I had left the handbrake on" flololol
By EvoStu
EmmmmPeeeeeEssssss owners pushing the envelope these days.

What's that now? F10 535d is slow, and now the S4 is slow.

Epic thread statements are epic.
By Mad-Dog
Emmmpeeee eeessss owners would go racing past s4 owner only to realise the owner didn't give to fucks as they where too busy listening to that awesome v8 soundtrack

Oh, and the new S4 would rinse an mps. Revo tune or not
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:EmmmmPeeeeeEssssss owners pushing the envelope these days.

Ok, who's said they are slow? :???:
By Omni
Oh great, now the thread is in full MPS flow

Can we have a section where MPS owners are not allowed, so that other cars may be talked about freely.
By Mad-Dog
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:EmmmmPeeeeeEssssss owners pushing the envelope these days.

Ok, who's said they are slow? :???:
You need only look at KoDB post on the previous page
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]