The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By mjhamilton
MPS'ism was inevitable... they just can't help themselves with their sense of inadequacy in driving a car that they have to call a 'muscle hatch' to try and make others thing better of them

Ultimately it is a nasty little plastic box with poor handling and an engine that the chassis cannot take - am given one for the weekend by the local dealer in my village (family friend and one of danneths mates) every time I say I am looking for a new car (so I have had one for 3 weekends in total now over the last 5 years + an RX8) - personally I though I was driving everywhere with the handbrake on and was cornering on and ice rink, interior was badly laid out and everything felt 'stolen' from another car - bodywork is just a mishmash of ill fitting plastic bits that are as aesthetically pleasing as Subo's face - nice engine though ;)

I will stick with my cheap 8yr old German skip which although obviously not as fast as an MPS (the benchmark of all cars) will do me and my family nicely :bigthumb:
By danneth
mjhamilton wrote:MPS'ism was inevitable... they just can't help themselves with their sense of inadequacy in driving a car that they have to call a 'muscle hatch' to try and make others thing better of them

Ultimately it is a nasty little plastic box with poor handling and an engine that the chassis cannot take - am given one for the weekend by the local dealer in my village (family friend and one of danneths mates) every time I say I am looking for a new car (so I have had one for 3 weekends in total now over the last 5 years + an RX8) - personally I though I was driving everywhere with the handbrake on and was cornering on and ice rink, interior was badly laid out and everything felt 'stolen' from another car - bodywork is just a mishmash of ill fitting plastic bits that are as aesthetically pleasing as Subo's face - nice engine though ;)

I will stick with my cheap 8yr old German skip which although obviously not as fast as an MPS (the benchmark of all cars) will do me and my family nicely :bigthumb:
Great review, makes a change to see something from a non bias source :salut:
By mjhamilton
anyway back on topic.... last night I gave the car another dose of AG leather balm.... and I have to say after a buff with a soft cloth a few hours later the interior looks amazing considering it has been exposed to the elements and 8 yrs of legs being burnt off by the heat off the sun

Took some pics but the camera actually makes it look like a 90 year old woman's saggy skin :lol: :lol: which is not at all representative

I am very pleased I took the plunge with the steam cleaner, it is my best friend on this one at the moment and really makes light work of the tough jobs

The thing I am really putting off now is the machine polish.. been many years since I have done this as I was never brave enough to do the Honda and always did by hand only - have some good Sonos pads and grades of polish so I think I am pretty good to go

The alu trim has bad watermarks (common issue on Audis) and I have some small 3" pads that I will have a go with on this - I guess the worse case is that I will take the lacquer but if this is the case I will remove and just apply a dusting of tinned stuff if needed
By kingofdbrits
Mad-Dog wrote:
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:EmmmmPeeeeeEssssss owners pushing the envelope these days.

What's that now? F10 535d is slow, and now the S4 is slow.

Epic thread statements are epic.
Ok, who's said they are slow? :???:
You need only look at KoDB post on the previous page
Who said anything about slow or an MPS? Are we ASSUming?

Could have been riding shotgun in my friends 458? I wasn't, but you wouldn't know that.
By mjhamilton
there is no 'assume' when it comes to you guys... it's always MPS or nothing.. FACT

But yes I would agree the S is not as fast as a 458... so no arguments there for what it's worth :roflmao:

Please stop ruining my thread with your MPS illness.. there is a special container for you guys on another part of this forum :bigthumb:
By Mad-Dog
kingofdbrits wrote:Who said anything about slow or an MPS? Are we ASSUming?

Could have been riding shotgun in my friends 458? I wasn't, but you wouldn't know that.
Seems you need to work out the difference between assume and presume

I made a presumption on the fact you said "I had a play with one"

But keep trolling [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By mjhamilton
pulpmelon_r wrote:Looks like a nice soft top touring car for the summer

best of luck with it.
cheers matey.. so far so good.. I am just hoping the engine doesn't explode in a ball of shrapnel as revving a v8 to 7k is not something that comes naturally to me :) but you hit the ethos nail on the head their with that descriptive statement, in fact I really like that one and will probably use it again :bigthumb:
Jules wrote:Why is speed comparison so important? I don't buy my car based on its slip road speed.
I think it was the usual MPS whore who started down that path :roflmao:
By sn:afu
Looks nice dude, I'd been considering an S4/S5 before I got my BMW.

I got put off by the £490 a year tax :lol:
By mjhamilton
sn:afu wrote:Looks nice dude, I'd been considering an S4/S5 before I got my BMW.

this is a 2005 so only £270 which is a tenner more than the EP was so no big deal :bigthumb:
By kingofdbrits
Mad-Dog wrote:
kingofdbrits wrote:Who said anything about slow or an MPS? Are we ASSUming?

Seems you need to work out the difference between assume and presume
I made a presumption on the fact you said "I had a play with one"
kingofdbrits wrote: You know, i've never really thought about that, you're right though. You did presume, like alot of others have. Doesn't have the same ring to it when pointing out to half the posters that they've presumed the key points to their post.
Mad-Dog wrote: But keep trolling [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
It is like picking on the spastic kid at school as you know you'll get a reaction, quite deliberate. I should stop, first it was the FN2 Vs Ep3, another good one is Mac Vs PC, not to forget the windows7/8, that gets the windows lickers excited too. Plus i've put a deposit down on a new car so won't be an MPS whore for much longer.

I'll stop tarding up this thread now, being serious, i do actually like the S4 though not a fan of cabrio, I think its a ladies car. One of the guys at work has an A4 cabrio, a big tattood fucker, and we constantly take the piss out of him. Its not a car you want to turn up to a building site in :lol:
By kingofdbrits
danneth wrote:
Jules wrote:Why is speed comparison so important? I don't buy my car based on its slip road speed.

obviously.
Isn't it off the line when it's raining in the middle of London at rush hour?
By sn:afu
mjhamilton wrote:
sn:afu wrote:Looks nice dude, I'd been considering an S4/S5 before I got my BMW.

this is a 2005 so only £270 which is a tenner more than the EP was so no big deal :bigthumb:
Ahh, not too bad then same as mine. Although if I'd bought an earlier version it would of been in the £490 bracket :sad:

What's the satnav like in it, any good?
By danneth
kingofdbrits wrote:
danneth wrote:

obviously.
Isn't it off the line when it's raining in the middle of London at rush hour?
exactly why I bought some of these, for all occasions, should improve me from high 5's I reckon

By mjhamilton
sn:afu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Ahh, not too bad then same as mine. Although if I'd bought an earlier version it would of been in the £490 bracket :sad:

What's the satnav like in it, any good?
|the RNS-E Plus is actually pretty good - previous owner spent a fortune on the latest disks so it is all up to date 2012/13 which is also good

Some minor limitations such as a 400 song limit and no SDHC card threshold is a little annoying so I have 2 x 1gb cards in each of the two slots.. the BT module is the basic which works great but doesn't give phone book integration from the phone to the RNS-E - both available on eBay and both units rife for a swap to the later ones to resolve :)

Nothing I cannot live for the foreseeable future though :bigthumb:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]