The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By kev_croombs2
After selling my EP3 to my brother as i have a company car i've bought a new toy for use on sunny days and weekends

1997 MR2 Mk2 Rev 4 GT T-Bar

Only covered 24000 miles since new, immaculate leather interior.

Plans for her, new aerial mast (done), wheel refurb which it is away at these guys http://www.myalloys.co.uk/ being done as we speak.

They did look like this

A common issue with diamond cut wheels. I'm having them redone in Audi A5 Grey powder coated

New head unit, probably an old kenwood unit i have knocking around just so i can have cd's rather than the factory fit tape deck !!

Engine lid gas strut

a full colour correction detailing by Tom Philpotts at http://www.tkdetailingcars.co.uk/index.php

Also considering a light window tint to match the new wheels

Clear side repeaters

Think thats about it for now?
By bennn
Awesome mate, i had a rev 3 before i bought the EP3. One of the best cars i've had especially when you bear in mind it only cost £550.

Looks a minter!
By kev_croombs2
Cheers Bennn [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

How she's looking at the moment....

I've added clear side repeaters, replaced the head unit, replaced the aerial mast and refurbed the alloys.

Also going to get the clear rear light conversion.

A service and then a colour correction detailing....can't wait for the summer to start .. :scratch:
By GMballistic
dutch wrote:Always had a soft spot for these.

Make sure you get the roof mounted induction kit :cool:
This. :cooldude: Or you could get the full Ferrari style body kit for it (my mate had one for his back in 02). :-D

MR2 looks like a good one especially considering it's ageing years now and I can't believe the low mileage on it either kev_croombs2.
Any chance of some engine bay pics though? :scratch: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By steve horrocks
If you go for the TOM's scoops, bear in mind they're designed to work with a boxed in induction. Just having the scoop there upsets the airflow in the engine bay (air comes in at the side behind doors & from underneath, exiting through engine bay lid. )

Also, (personally) I prefer the USDM rear corner markers rather than clear rears, they also have a slot for sidelight bulbs which are illuminated as corner markers.
By kev_croombs2
GMballistic wrote:
dutch wrote:Always had a soft spot for these.

Make sure you get the roof mounted induction kit :cool:
This. :cooldude: Or you could get the full Ferrari style body kit for it (my mate had one for his back in 02). :-D

MR2 looks like a good one especially considering it's ageing years now and I can't believe the low mileage on it either kev_croombs2.
Any chance of some engine bay pics though? :scratch: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I'll sort some engine bay pics for for you :thumbup:
By GMballistic
kev_croombs2 wrote: I'll sort some engine bay pics for for you :thumbup:
:-D Thanks. :bigthumb:
By kev_croombs2
GMballistic wrote:
kev_croombs2 wrote: I'll sort some engine bay pics for for you :thumbup:
:-D Thanks. :bigthumb:

Pic as promised

By GMballistic
^^ Fairly clean especially for it's age. :cool: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By jberry3
Looks nice that, I had a rev 3 t-bar in Caribbean blue, wish I'd never sold it and it appeared for sale on eBay recently, but I resisted buying it back lol!
By kev_croombs2
Changed the Rev 3 rear spoiler and clear triangles

for a Rev 5 spoiler and red triangles

now looks like

Next mod is to get it lowered. Only 25mm but should make it sit a bit nicer.

Few other plans for her but we'll see what i decide in the end.....I'll keep the thread updated.
By GMballistic
^ That colour looks lovely. :cool: :salut:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]