The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By berty182
Some of you might have seen my ep3 for sale a few weeks ago.... Well i have decided to buy a VXR Nurburgring and i love her to bits :-D only downside is the constant cleaning of the alloys :lol:

Few pics

By Andy-type r
I do love these but what made you buy this over the normal VXR? Only paint, alloys and remus really.

Oh and is the handling as bad as they say it is :lol:
By berty182
Main differences I'd say are;

Limited to 835 units.
Remus exhaust as standard.
Full heated leather as standard.
It's white.
Lightweight wheels, same dimensions as normal 18's.

Mine also has cruise control

To be fair i was a bit skeptical about the handling but i have had no issues at all
By aaronn
my mates got a certain one
red one with black strips etc. 09 plate isit racing edition or something
he just come back from the ring said the back end was very twitchy
By jreedy
I love nurburgring vxr's

They look ace in white

You got any plans for it tuning wise?

A rear anti roll bar is a must for the vxr's..... TX Autosport and white line both make them.

You liking having a turbo'd car?
By berty182
jreedy wrote:I love nurburgring vxr's

They look ace in white

You got any plans for it tuning wise?

A rear anti roll bar is a must for the vxr's..... TX Autosport and white line both make them.

You liking having a turbo'd car?
I think i will have to do a few performance upgrades in time, Rear anti roll bar is definitely on the cards, can go straight too a stage 2 map aswell as the Remus in a turbo back :-D

Love having a turbo mate, first car iv owned with one, i love the pick up as soon as you put your foot down makes me smile every time
By mikeface
There are two around my way that pretty much follow each other around all the time!

I have to say that the Remus exhaust does sound awesome! Proper 'GTFO of my way' sound!!

Personally I could never spend that amount of money on a Vauxhall.. but each to their own :thumbup:

The lads around my way have spray a few of the chrome bits white to match the paint work... does tidy it up more!!
By berty182
mikeface wrote:There are two around my way that pretty much follow each other around all the time!

I have to say that the Remus exhaust does sound awesome! Proper 'GTFO of my way' sound!!

Personally I could never spend that amount of money on a Vauxhall.. but each to their own :thumbup:

The lads around my way have spray a few of the chrome bits white to match the paint work... does tidy it up more!!
The exhaust does sound nuts, i love the pops and bangs :lol:

Haven't really thought about doing any exterior mods, a few have sprayed the chrome bits like you said
By jreedy
The Remus exhaust still has a cat

As standard you have a pre-cat as well as a main cat

The Remus system removes the pre cat (so its a pre-cat de-cat system) and then you will have a main sports cat.

So you'll still pass a mot etc

Unless the previous owners had the sports cat removed....... Then it'll be a fully de-catted turbo back

All you need to go straight to stage 3 is front mount intercooler seen as though you already have zaust :-)
By yella
only real nurburgring VXR is the Corsa imho. Astra is just a badging exercise where as Corsa is the watered down version of the original R26.r project vauxhall had for the corsa with proper bits fitted, shame the cage and two seat set up got knocked back by Opel in the end
By berty182
RSFN2GT wrote:How much are they these days ?
Most seem to be selling around the 11k mark
By berty182
yella wrote:only real nurburgring VXR is the Corsa imho. Astra is just a badging exercise where as Corsa is the watered down version of the original R26.r project vauxhall had for the corsa with proper bits fitted, shame the cage and two seat set up got knocked back by Opel in the end
Yeah i have a soft spot for the corsa vxr's my misses hates them though :lol:
By berty182
jreedy wrote:The Remus exhaust still has a cat

As standard you have a pre-cat as well as a main cat

The Remus system removes the pre cat (so its a pre-cat de-cat system) and then you will have a main sports cat.

So you'll still pass a mot etc

Unless the previous owners had the sports cat removed....... Then it'll be a fully de-catted turbo back

All you need to go straight to stage 3 is front mount intercooler seen as though you already have zaust :-)
As far as i know the sports cat hasn't been removed, it has only had one previous owner who really looked after it..... he was 55!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]