The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By berty182
mezmo wrote:Cracking looking motor mate. I like these a lot.
cheers mate :-D
By jreedy
aaronn wrote:My mates one is 297bhp with 330lbs ft still no match for the jrsc ep3 :)
I assume your mates vxr has a EDS map on his car......Regals rollers are VERY generous, and there maps are W@NK

How's a 300 civic going pull away from a 300 vxr....... There near identical on the road in terms of straight line acceleration

The civic handles better though all day long in track/twisty roads

My old jrsc civic wasn't no quicker than my friends courts stage 3 vxr, there wasn't much i it at all from a rolling start!!! . He had better top end pull but on the corner's mine faired better.

Berty- the only vaux tuners I'd use for mapping would be either RS tuning or Courteney sports....... Stay away from EDS maps.
By berty182
Im getting recommended RS tuning and Courtney sports a lot so i will definitely chose one of them. I think ill get a rarb fitted first them on too the tuning :twisted:
By jreedy
berty182 wrote:Im getting recommended RS tuning and Courtney sports a lot so i will definitely chose one of them. I think ill get a rarb fitted first them on too the tuning :twisted:

Mines mapped by RS tuning (I have a GSI with vxr engine in)

Can't fault the map at all, I'd definitely use them again...:cooldude:
By aaronn
Because vauxhall are useless they never perform to the power they state
At the end of the day seeing is believing and it is what it is.
I'll find out who mapped it get a copy of the print out and prove it if need be
By jreedy
aaronn wrote:Because vauxhall are useless they never perform to the power they state
At the end of the day seeing is believing and it is what it is.
I'll find out who mapped it get a copy of the print out and prove it if need be

Hmmmm strange statement to make

I've had turbo'd Type r's charged type r's and tuned vauxhalls

My mates old vxr that was stage 3 courts did a 13.7 1/4 mile on road tyres with no diff @ 105 mph

That's a decent time for a fwd

Its common sense 2 hot hatches with similar power would be pretty even in the open road

It takes a good bit more power to pull away from a similar spec'd car

I no what a charged civics capable of, there's not much I don't no about tuning a k20

Again same with the Z20 vaux lumps!!

Some of my old cars-

My latest GSI-
By jreedy
bluntcap wrote:Reedy you're as bad as Stevo with posting pictures of your cars :lol:

He pushed me to it that Aaron dude

Surely I'm not as bad as him :lol:
By aaronn
its not always the case though.
and is a vxr not heavier than a type r ?
my mate has a gsi with a vxr turbo running 275bhp and my mates b18cr ek4 beats it and that dynoed in at 201bhp at srr were my mates ep3 is 230 at eurospec and 231 at surrey rolling road they are on par and both have beat numerour vxr.

the point im trying to make is vauxhalls i have come across never perform to there power they make

and the similar power is not true that they will be the same.
as gearing plays a part and also the power spread its no good if it peaks say 300 at 5k but holds between 200-250 across the majority of the useable rev range.

my fiat coupe 20vt when stage 1 est between 260-280 was on par with my mates mod x focus st with rs injectors normally 300-330bhp
rolling 2nd the coupe could pull away

also before my mates vxr had a fmic and remap again we both went amd (not a good dyno i know)
he made 278bhp there and i made 271 in my megane which was noticably quicker in gear and off the mark he had 20 more lbs ft to
By aaronn
i can get three vauxhalls between 275-300 bhp to probably come south mims to prove a point as were all mates
By jreedy
aaronn wrote:i can get three vauxhalls between 275-300 bhp to probably come south mims to prove a point as were all mates

I've owned a charged civic and a turbo'd civic

I don't care what your mates cars have dyno'd at.

I no what's fast and what ain't ....... Based on what I've driven

I no all about power to weight

My old civic before it was charged was running 234..... That struggled (in a straight line) against my cousins mapped vxr

I no how to drive a car as well

Obviously not like you though....... You must be a previous F1 driver judging by your skill
By danneth
jreedy wrote:
aaronn wrote:i can get three vauxhalls between 275-300 bhp to probably come south mims to prove a point as were all mates

My old civic before it was charged was running 234..... That struggled (in a straight line) against my cousins mapped vxr

Obviously not like you though....... You must be a previous F1 driver judging by your skill

Really :wink: :lol:
By jreedy
danneth wrote:
jreedy wrote:

Really :wink: :lol:

Yeah really

Seasoned track veteran yo :cooldude:
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:Reedy you're as bad as Stevo with posting pictures of your cars :lol:
:roflmao: I know i thought i was bad, Reedy takes it to the next level :lol:
By berty182
nice cars jreedy [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Shappers
jreedy wrote:

Know*
By berty182
I love the sound of the Remus!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]