The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By mezmo
aaronn wrote:Because vauxhall are useless they never perform to the power they state
At the end of the day seeing is believing and it is what it is.
I'll find out who mapped it get a copy of the print out and prove it if need be
:lol: noob!

And very rarely do EP3's make their quoted power of 197bhp.

In fact the majority of EP3's CPL dyno made around 185bhp!
By aaronn
Learn to reed before you start calling people noob
You doghnut
I said they don't perform to the power they make not they don't make it!
I know about civics not making the power same as the clio sport range
By davey j
jreedy wrote:
aaronn wrote: Berty- the only vaux tuners I'd use for mapping would be either RS tuning or Courteney sports....... Stay away from EDS maps.
Another vote for RS Tuning here..............

Courtenay aren't by any means brilliant though these days! They aren't live mapping (which is the same as Regal with their EDS maps). Just have a massive pool of ever-so-slightly different pre-set maps to upload. The maps are developed on Mainland Europe, just like Regal's are at EDS.

Same thing, different brand. That's all.
By TimEP3
aaronn wrote:Learn to reed before you start calling people noob
You doghnut
I said they don't perform to the power they make not they don't make it!
I know about civics not making the power same as the clio sport range
Echselant speeling, u doghnut. Noobs.
By Lawson89
I had a Arden blue Vxr running at 340bhp was an absolute animal! Was nice to drive (when I could) the problem with mine was it was always in the workshop. I prefer my CTR drives nice handles well whereas Astra was a straight line hero with a lot of handling mods couldn't keep with my mates 182s or civics. I work for vauxhall as a technician and prefer my civic both nice cars but will always have my civic for everyday motoring.
By Andy-type r
Lawson89 wrote:I had a Arden blue Vxr running at 340bhp was an absolute animal! Was nice to drive (when I could) the problem with mine was it was always in the workshop. I prefer my CTR drives nice handles well whereas Astra was a straight line hero with a lot of handling mods couldn't keep with my mates 182s or civics. I work for vauxhall as a technician and prefer my civic both nice cars but will always have my civic for everyday motoring.

Couldn't keep up with a 182 even with 340bhp? What does that tell you lol
By Lawson89
Andy-type r wrote:
Lawson89 wrote:I had a Arden blue Vxr running at 340bhp was an absolute animal! Was nice to drive (when I could) the problem with mine was it was always in the workshop. I prefer my CTR drives nice handles well whereas Astra was a straight line hero with a lot of handling mods couldn't keep with my mates 182s or civics. I work for vauxhall as a technician and prefer my civic both nice cars but will always have my civic for everyday motoring.

In the bends mate not on a straight road trounced them but round the twisters Vxr don't bother!!
By Andy-type r
Lawson89 wrote:
Andy-type r wrote:

In the bends mate not on a straight road trounced them but round the twisters Vxr don't bother!!

Obviously straights it would decimate a 182 :lol: . Just goes too show power isn't everything Clarkson.
By CrouchyM
My cousin has a 57 Astra VXR and I love the sound of the Remus. Such a great noise and the pops and bangs are mental.
By berty182
I've not found my burg to bad on the bends and there's loads where I live in Wales lol civic definitely handled better though.
By jreedy

What turbo & mods was you running to get 340?
By Stevo M81
dandemoraliser wrote:this needs more MPS talk.

Word. :roll:
:lol:
By Lawson89
jreedy wrote:

What turbo & mods was you running to get 340?
Was a 28r turbo on fairly low boost can't remember exactly, cobra 3 inch turbo back exhaust, open cone with cdti intake pipe, injectors also changed, big front mount with top hat plus loads of handling mods to try and keep it on the black stuff my next step would've been a LSD but didnt get round to it.
By JDP
*sits and waits for the 'my vxr has sh-t its turbo manifold!' thread *
These are awfull for that problem, nearly as bad as the under/torque steer combo,
My mates just chinned his off for a new vxr gtc and they are like chalk and cheese, new vxr is a blast to hoon in compared
By Rambo
JDP wrote:*sits and waits for the 'my vxr has sh-t its turbo manifold!' thread *
These are awfull for that problem, nearly as bad as the under/torque steer combo,
My mates just chinned his off for a new vxr gtc and they are like chalk and cheese, new vxr is a blast to hoon in compared
but not cheap by any means!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]