The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a question/comment about another marque? Ask in here.
By VTEC77
Definately going to be taking one of these for a test drive in a few months time :thumbup: My old chap has had two of this current shape Fiesta in 1.6 Zetec S guise and they are cracking motors. They handle so well so I can see this ST being a little beasty :twisted: Better built than my previous 3 Type R's as well. No doubt there will be a Mountune package out rather soon so realistically I can see over 200bhp with fairly minor tweaks :twisted:
By PH47MF
looked at an article about the new Kia Ceed GT with 200bhp, that's now apparently a warm hatch. Hot hatch is megane/RS/VXR etc.

a lot of FN2 owners will be pissed when they know they drive a warm hatch now. :lol: when these little hatches get more and more power, imagine the RS being called a warm hatch in a few years time. :lol:
By VTEC77
Thing is hot hatches have to have more and more power to haul around all the extra crap cars have on them these days :sad: In the real world hot hatches now aren't all the faster than they were 25 years ago. Put a 1.9 205 GTi against a modern hot hatch and up to legal speeds there would be next bugger all between them :thumbup:
By J@mes
VTEC77 wrote:Thing is hot hatches have to have more and more power to haul around all the extra crap cars have on them these days :sad: In the real world hot hatches now aren't all the faster than they were 25 years ago. Put a 1.9 205 GTi against a modern hot hatch and up to legal speeds there would be next bugger all between them :thumbup:
What bout mps?
By yella
looks like a nice car. The RS version is set to be even hotter.

Always had a softspot for the ST, the previous one always deserved more than the 150bhp it got as had a great chassis.
VTEC77 wrote:Thing is hot hatches have to have more and more power to haul around all the extra crap cars have on them these days :sad: In the real world hot hatches now aren't all the faster than they were 25 years ago. Put a 1.9 205 GTi against a modern hot hatch and up to legal speeds there would be next bugger all between them :thumbup:
Disagree, put a mk2 golf gti against an mps I will tell you exactly what's between them (measured in kilometers)
By yella

you are wrong on this mate, Weights are going down, current fiesta is lighter than previous generation, same with Mini, same with Golf Mk7. Weight is the cheap way for manufacturers to tackle emmisions regs and this trend will continue for the next few years.

The other thing people need to do is drive some of these cars they harp on about, I always remember when i was 19 and my mates had their Renault 5 Turbo's and i had my punto GT. back then the Renault 5's box was simply amazing, we all used to say how slick it was. But the other year i managed to get a drive in an old Renault 5 turbo and to say i was disaapointed was an understatement. most cars have not aged well and modern cars are usually for the better.

peugoet 205 1.9 was only about 7.8 and mid 8's once they got the cats and power steerings, in fact the late 1.9 205's were slower than early 1.6's
By yella
Just Dirk wrote:Saw a base model fessie the other day, the Aston grille looked really crap tbf
Same part number as Aston cygnet isn't it

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]