The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Legend.
By Gravy
Recently I have seen what appears to be a Legend Type-R parked around the corner from me.
It has a big spoiler, all kinds of racing stripes and mugen graphics etc.
Is there such a creature??
Are they any good?
By Ali
No such thing. Only official Type Rs:

Original NSX Type R
Integra DC2 Type R (2 door and 4 door)
Civic EK9 Type R (3 door only)
Integra DC5 Type R (2 door only)
Civic EP3 Type R (3 door only)
Facelifted NSX-R

And that's it. No Prelude, Legend, S2000, Jazz, Logo, CRX or HRV Type Rs :wink:
By Superfli
+Accord Type-R
By Ali
That's kind of contentious. They weren't a Japanese Type R and over there they are seen as softer. Both models were badged as Euro R, but I'll let you off :wink:
By R20190
Ali wrote:That's kind of contentious. They weren't a Japanese Type R and over there they are seen as softer. Both models were badged as Euro R, but I'll let you off :wink:
What do you mean the Accord Type-R was not a "Japanese Type-R"? :? I know the current Accord only came in the Euro-R spec but the previous generation came in Type-R form.

If that wasn't japanese enough, then surely the EP3 on your list is less japanese.

http://www.swaqvalley.com/Blueprints/19 ... Type_R.jpg
By Ali
It was called Type R in Europe but when it was sold in Japan it wasn't considered as hard core or fast as either the DC2 or EK9, so to differentiate it, they called it the Euro R. A Euro R version of the current Accord is on sale in Japan with the same engine as the JDM EP3 as well.
By 10 Pence Short
To put another fly into the oinment, at the time of the Accord Type-R, that model was specific to the EU, was built in Swindon and wasn't exported to Japan. Japan had it's own flavour of Accord (which was given the Euro-R treatment as Ali described), and the US got yet another Accord.
By Ali
THere was also an Accord SiR with the F20B engine which eventually became the F20C in the S2000 (so yes, it can be used in FWD, but only in older Hondas where the crank worked the opposite direction to convention.

The Accord Type R we got and the Euro R shared most components but the JDm car had unique styling and a narrower floorpan.
By Spoon
The Accord Type R is a cracking bit of kit. True its not as hardcore as the DC2 ITR or original CTR, but is an awesome drive. Could easily see myself getting one if a family came along! :twisted:
By NeilH
Theres also a Jazz Type-R sold in Japan I think?
By BeegRich
NeilH wrote:Theres also a Jazz Type-R sold in Japan I think?
Called the Fit if I am not mistaken but it might have only been a concept!

I'm sure it wont find its way to our shores due to the potential clash with the Civic range in terms of price. After all there is a clear directive from Honda that the Civic home market is the UK and Europe.
By Ali
The Fit Type R was only a concept and unlikely to be on sale
By BeegRich
I thought as much.
By Turbo5
Ali wrote:No such thing. Only official Type Rs:

Original NSX Type R
Facelifted NSX-R

I am taking my DC5 back Its got 3 doors or is the hatch not considered a door. ?
By Ali
Turbo5 wrote:
Ali wrote:No such thing. Only official Type Rs:

Original NSX Type R
Facelifted NSX-R

I am taking my DC5 back Its got 3 doors or is the hatch not considered a door. ?
No :wink:

Blame Honda, not me. They call it a 2 door. Though if you really want to be pedantic, it's a 5 door (you forgot about the bonnet and filler cap...) :wink: :P
By Gravy
OK, so I'm a moron ...

a quick click on google images and sure enough ...

... it's a DC2 !!

Sorry guys
:oops:

Only ever seen it from the front
Last edited by Gravy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By karl
i never knew there was a 4 door DC2, anyone any pics? :wink:
By Quanta
silverone wrote:i never knew there was a 4 door DC2, anyone any pics? :wink:
There are non-Type-R versions of the Integra too I believe. Weird looking things :lol:
By karl
quanta_xp wrote:
silverone wrote:i never knew there was a 4 door DC2, anyone any pics? :wink:
There are non-Type-R versions of the Integra too I believe. Weird looking things :lol:
have you any pics?

ive seen the four door integra's and they almost look as strange as the four door skylines! :lol:

but thats probaby cause we are so used to seeing the coupes :wink:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]