The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Legend.
By EvoStu
algreene wrote:How exciting.. :-|
Better than a Murano though. :lol:

EvoStu.
By coxy_gti
NEEDS THE BIG WHEELS AND NEEDS TO BE BLACK.
NICE CAR THOUGH SUPER SMOOTH TO DRIVE.
SUPER CHEAP ON CONTRACT HIRE
GET ONE FOR LESS THAN £400PM
By algreene
EvoStu wrote:
algreene wrote:How exciting.. :-|
Better than a Murano though. :lol:

EvoStu.

Not really..
By deek72
coxy_gti wrote:NEEDS THE BIG WHEELS AND NEEDS TO BE BLACK.
NICE CAR THOUGH SUPER SMOOTH TO DRIVE.
SUPER CHEAP ON CONTRACT HIRE
GET ONE FOR LESS THAN £400PM
Would have liked bigger wheels but handbook says it's not good as it affects the beams and sensor settings for the CMBS/LKAS and stuff. I suppose factory 18" wheels have all that stuff taken care of. Shame cos the factory 18" wheels look much better IMO.
By Superbully
EvoStu wrote:
deek72 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Bloody hell, so you're the one and only person who bought one this month. :lol:

I hope you got it at a decent price as they are superb value at the moment. If I was looking for a decent long distance cruiser it would certainly be in there.
You can pick low mileage 58 plates for 18K now. Bargain!

EvoStu.
Fair price I think. 22k (58 plate/2k miles/ADAS/CMBS) less 7k for my 55plate skoda superb with 60k miles. The 10 speaker bose system with that noise cancelling system and the voice activated sat-nav would surely cost 2k each, add then all the rest of the features and it looks a bit of a bargain to me anyway.
Any forums though? lol
Good man the ADAS/CMBS option is definitely worth the extra. The Legend really is one of the most underrated cars on the market to be honest.
Unfortunately its just too expensive at rrp and Honda cannot compete with the established boys in the sector which is a shame because imo you won't find a better built or well equipped car this side of a Lexus LS460.

With regards to Forums, there are no UK ones due to the lack of buyers. However there is a thriving US one: http://www.acura-legend.com

Get some pics up when you get it.

EvoStu.
Deeks/Stu - what class is this meant to be in? :scratch: a top equipped top of the range accord will do the same job as this? :vconf:
By deek72
superbully wrote:Deeks/Stu - what class is this meant to be in? :scratch: a top equipped top of the range accord will do the same job as this? :vconf:
Not quite sure what you're getting at. They are different cars. You could say that a fully specced and optioned Focus would do the same job as a Mondeo. Maybe it would, but it would still be a Focus.
By Superbully
I'm getting at the fact that every manufacturer will make a car to suit a particular class.

But I can't see what class the legend is meant to be in and also that a fully loaded Accord would fulfill everything that the legend could do, so just wondering why they would build a legend if you keep that in mind. What were they aiming it for....
By deek72
superbully wrote:I'm getting at the fact that every manufacturer will make a car to suit a particular class.

But I can't see what class the legend is meant to be in and also that a fully loaded Accord would fulfill everything that the legend could do, so just wondering why they would build a legend if you keep that in mind. What were they aiming it for....
Well from what I can see it's probably aimed at the same class as the Audi A6, BMW 5 series, Merc E class and the Lexus GS300 (?) as that is what I've seen it tested against. Not sure of class but I've seen executive saloon mentioned?
With regards to the Accord, I see it mentioned alongside Mondeo, BMW 3 series, Insignia and Mazda 6 and as a company car.
They are different cars in size, class and features. Why would Audi build the A8 when a fully specced A6 could do the same job? O an A6 when a specced up A4..........it just seems like a pointless observation.
By coxy_gti
the accord has a pissy 2.4 when the legend has the legendary 3.5 vtec and only come in auto. the legend is in a league of its own
By EvoStu
The Legend is aimed squarely at the 5 series BMW and E series Mercs. The Accord is aimed at the 3 series and C class.

As a technological showpiece the Legend is hard to beat, pretty quick, super tidy handling and lots of comfort. Typical Honda engine though in that it has to be worked hard to extract the best (will reach its limited 155mph easily though).

EvoStu.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]