The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Legend.
By deek72
I'm picking up my new Legend (well, 58 plate, new to me) on Saturday. Is there a decent forum anywhere where I'll be able to pick up advice and info? I know they're pretty scarce (Legends) but where's my best chance?
Ta.

Update: picked it up now, here's some pics. For some reason the pics have somehow 'cropped' themselves from the originals but you can still see them in the slideshow if you like.

Hope you like it!

I've posted a few here but if you want more, the first little one takes you to the slideshow.

Last edited by deek72 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By EvoStu
Bloody hell, so you're the one and only person who bought one this month. :lol:

I hope you got it at a decent price as they are superb value at the moment. If I was looking for a decent long distance cruiser it would certainly be in there.
You can pick low mileage 58 plates for 18K now. Bargain!

EvoStu.
By Ali
When's the Type R version coming out?

:wink:
By EvoStu
Ali wrote:When's the Type R version coming out?

:wink:
Actually if they could do a Type R version it would actually be pretty good I reckon.
SH-AWD is an amazing piece of kit and works extremely well, the only problem is the car would do exactly what it does now for Honda......make them a loss!

EvoStu.
By Ali
We both know it'll never happen Stu. If they wanted to go down that route, a V6 Accord with SH-AWD would already be here, and I might already be driving one.
By EvoStu
Ali wrote:We both know it'll never happen Stu. If they wanted to go down that route, a V6 Accord with SH-AWD would already be here, and I might already be driving one.
I know mate. We can but dream. Would actually be a pretty good project car that to be honest. wouldn't take much tweaking to show them what it was capable of.

EvoStu.
By deek72
EvoStu wrote:Bloody hell, so you're the one and only person who bought one this month. :lol:

I hope you got it at a decent price as they are superb value at the moment. If I was looking for a decent long distance cruiser it would certainly be in there.

EvoStu.
Fair price I think. 22k (58 plate/2k miles/ADAS/CMBS) less 7k for my 55plate skoda superb with 60k miles. The 10 speaker bose system with that noise cancelling system and the voice activated sat-nav would surely cost 2k each, add then all the rest of the features and it looks a bit of a bargain to me anyway.
Any forums though? lol
By EvoStu
deek72 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Bloody hell, so you're the one and only person who bought one this month. :lol:

EvoStu.
Fair price I think. 22k (58 plate/2k miles/ADAS/CMBS) less 7k for my 55plate skoda superb with 60k miles. The 10 speaker bose system with that noise cancelling system and the voice activated sat-nav would surely cost 2k each, add then all the rest of the features and it looks a bit of a bargain to me anyway.
Any forums though? lol
Good man the ADAS/CMBS option is definitely worth the extra. The Legend really is one of the most underrated cars on the market to be honest.
Unfortunately its just too expensive at rrp and Honda cannot compete with the established boys in the sector which is a shame because imo you won't find a better built or well equipped car this side of a Lexus LS460.

With regards to Forums, there are no UK ones due to the lack of buyers. However there is a thriving US one: http://www.acura-legend.com

Get some pics up when you get it.

EvoStu.
By deek72
Thanks for that Stu. I'd love to get some pics up, just as soon as I can drag myself out of it! Pick up at lunchtime sat, so I'll keep you posted. :smile: .
By mikeyv

EvoStu.
£22k brand spankers here :shock: http://clover-leaf-reading.findhonda.co.uk/index.php

If somebody else was picking up the tab, I'd love one.
Last edited by mikeyv on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By deek72
mikeyv wrote:

EvoStu.
£22k brand spankers here :shock: http://clover-leaf-reading.findhonda.co.uk/index.php

If somebody else was picking up the tab, I'd love one.
Thanks for the link Mikey, will call them tomorrow to enquire. There's a pint in it for you if it comes to anything! I'm hopeful as the list they quote is identical to the Honda website. It looks like they only supply one model now, that being the ADAS/CMBS version.
Will let youknow what they say. :-D
By deek72
deek72 wrote: Thanks for the link Mikey, will call them tomorrow to enquire. There's a pint in it for you if it comes to anything! I'm hopeful as the list they quote is identical to the Honda website. It looks like they only supply one model now, that being the ADAS/CMBS version.
Just to let you know, the CMBS model is £2.5k more and they offered £2k less PX so it would be £4.5 more in total.
Really stretching our budget as it so I'm happy to stick with my current deal,
But thanks for the tip anyway! (no pint though I'm afraid!). :-D
By mikeyv
deek72 wrote:
deek72 wrote: Thanks for the link Mikey, will call them tomorrow to enquire. There's a pint in it for you if it comes to anything! I'm hopeful as the list they quote is identical to the Honda website. It looks like they only supply one model now, that being the ADAS/CMBS version.
Just to let you know, the CMBS model is £2.5k more and they offered £2k less PX so it would be £4.5 more in total.
Really stretching our budget as it so I'm happy to stick with my current deal,
But thanks for the tip anyway! (no pint though I'm afraid!). :-D
Bugger :-D - kinda guessed the part ex might be a bit shabby at that price. Enjoy anyway.
By deek72
Well, I collected the car on Saturday and I have to say I'm smitten!! Will try to get some pics up at weekend. :-D
By deek72
swift85 wrote:Saw the thread title and assumed someone had made a forum about me.

:cool:
Modest too! A legend in your own lunchtime.
By Omni

So they didn't throw in a tank of fuel then!

Looks nice, I think thats the first time i've ever seen one, I didn't even know the Legend was still being made! When you said Legend I thought you meant one of these

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]