The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

  • End of a Legend?

  • Information & queries related to the Honda Legend.
Information & queries related to the Honda Legend.
 #2637693  by Ali
 Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 pm
EvoStu wrote:
RoBMX wrote::shouldbeinteresting:

this.



Not really. Ali as per usual is comparing cars he would buy or has already owned against cars that he isn't in the market for. He's also by admission never driven one yet has raved in the past how he'd love to see the Legends drivetrain in the Accord. So what would the difference be there then? At the end of the day others have noted this about Ali sometimes, in that if he doesn't like something it automatically means its rubbish. It's different cars for different people & Ali seems to always forget that.

Put it this way my Dad is more than happy with his Legend. It's fast enough to see off most day to day cars, comfy enough to do long trips in and not feel like you've had your back put through a mangle, and handles well enough to put a lot of so called nimbler cars to shame. The fact you don't like it Ali is absolutely and utterly irrelevant mate.


Ahem. You've just proved my point about it being an old man'd luxo barge Stu. Thanks :thumbup:

Oh, and you said it would make a second hand bargain. Who for? Can't think of anyone on this forum that;ll be paying attention to that advice. Who's being out of context here, exactly?

Might I also remind you, as your being post blind again:

[img]It's%20big,%20fat,%20ugly%20and%20designed%20for%20Americans.%20I%20don't%20need%20to%20drive%20it%20to%20know%20I'd%20never%20buy%20one.[/img]

So why you posted:

Ali as per usual is comparing cars he would buy or has already owned against cars that he isn't in the market for.


I'm not entirely sure. I said the Legend has far too many gadgets, and it has. I said the RX8, as an example, is simple, hence why I like it, which it is. You went off the rails because your dad has Legend and you can't possibly see it being anything other than the bestestest-everest-saloon-in-the-whole-entire-world and-don't-you-dare-say-it's-not-because-my-dad-has-one..... Jesus, Stu. The press have slagged the Legend off from the start as being anodyne overweight and dull. Take a reality pill. Honda made a boring car. Honda make LOTS of boring cars. In fact, Honda now make mainly boring cars. My mum has an IS250. It's dull. Seriously dull. Would I leap to defend it because my mum has one? Nope, it's dull. Would I recommend it as a second hand bargain on an enthusiast's forum? Nope, it's dull.

As for the article, the correct response Mr. Honda, was: "Yes, we're going to stop making the Legend because, you know, we don't actually think anyone would notice if we did. Hell, we'd have to paint it pink and put a 20 foot dildo on the roof before anyone would even notice one on the road. We'll now stop being pretend tree hugging hypocrits and actually build the kind of engineering led, fun cars we became famous for making because, if we don't rediscover some kind of corporate identity, the Koreans and Chinese are going to sh-t on us from a great height in the next 10 years."
 #2637783  by EvoStu
 Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 pm
Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous mate honestly. The Legend suits a lot of people however it was simply too expensive as a brand new car to make an impact despite the fact it had the better spec, looks better imo (in the right colour) than its rivals and I can guarantee its better built than most cars out there.

Just because it sells well in the US doesn't mean its designed for big fat Americans. Do you want me to remind that the Corvette in the states is mainly driven by mid life crisis men with their receding hairlines and their medallions around their neck. But you love them still.

You in the past have reminded many people on here that to see if a car is good or not you have to drive it. You are being a huge hypocrite with your statements above. The press reports more more critical of the Legends high price more than anything.

For instance TG Magazine tested it and summed it up nicely.

Exceptional big saloon packed with technology and luxury in equal measure. Ludicrous price tag kills it stone dead, but if you find one secondhand, buy it. The Honda Legend is a highly technically complicated and luxurious bit of kit that seems to be making more of a name for itself as the secondhand sale of the century. Expensive new, but a giveaway in a couple of years.


Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its rubbish. You have also stated in the past that you'd love to see the SH-AWD system and running gear utilised on the Accord which again you also said was big and ugly. I am actually convinced that the car for you doesn't exist. All you do is moan now about how your car is not that well built, has squeeky trim, is boring because of its power delivery. You should give up on cars and buy a bike imo.
 #2637915  by Superbully
 Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm
Ali wrote: Hell, we'd have to paint it pink and put a 20 foot dildo on the roof before anyone would even notice one on the road.


Have to be honest Ali, they are not THAT bad :lol: They are pretty OK looking cars especially as I know that quite a hefty V6 engine is waiting for me inside.
Ran out of time to take one out at Rockingham but I will admit to wanting to :oops:
I'd taken the diesel Accord type S out as well and to be honest it was pretty OK as well.
Probably the practical/sensible side of me talking when i speak the above words. Mostly I listen to my sporty side though :wink:
 #2638010  by Ali
 Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm
EvoStu wrote:Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous mate honestly. The Legend suits a lot of people however it was simply too expensive as a brand new car to make an impact despite the fact it had the better spec, looks better imo (in the right colour) than its rivals and I can guarantee its better built than most cars out there.

Just because it sells well in the US doesn't mean its designed for big fat Americans. Do you want me to remind that the Corvette in the states is mainly driven by mid life crisis men with their receding hairlines and their medallions around their neck. But you love them still.

You in the past have reminded many people on here that to see if a car is good or not you have to drive it. You are being a huge hypocrite with your statements above. The press reports more more critical of the Legends high price more than anything.

For instance TG Magazine tested it and summed it up nicely.

Exceptional big saloon packed with technology and luxury in equal measure. Ludicrous price tag kills it stone dead, but if you find one secondhand, buy it. The Honda Legend is a highly technically complicated and luxurious bit of kit that seems to be making more of a name for itself as the secondhand sale of the century. Expensive new, but a giveaway in a couple of years.


Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its rubbish. You have also stated in the past that you'd love to see the SH-AWD system and running gear utilised on the Accord which again you also said was big and ugly. I am actually convinced that the car for you doesn't exist. All you do is moan now about how your car is not that well built, has squeeky trim, is boring because of its power delivery. You should give up on cars and buy a bike imo.


And all you seem to be doing, currently, is acting like spoiled cockend wearing enormous Honda branded blinkers. It's wearing very thin.
 #2638084  by EvoStu
 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:33 am
Ali wrote:And all you seem to be doing, currently, is acting like spoiled cockend wearing enormous Honda branded blinkers. It's wearing very thin.


Not at all, I could say the same about you and Mazda wankel obsession or your constant purring over the Z06. Seriously dude why did you get rid of it? you loved it so much and you've changed for a car you now seem to constantly complain about.

You and I have crossed swords many times on here and I respect your opinion but as I've said, you haven't driven it therefore you cannot possibly comment. You are basing your opinion purely on looks and that's just sad, especially when you drive a car universally accepted as one of the ugliest on the market today. Just accept that other peoples opinions on what is a good car do actually differ to your opinion. Different cars for different people mate.

Recent Topics

User avatar Honda Civic Error Code P0780 etc

by r.kelly

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

User avatar Honda Civic Type R FK2 vs the World!

by Akula_Type-R

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 pm

User avatar Back for the 3rd time

by ChrisJW

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 am

User avatar Brakes

by Steel Lynx

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am

User avatar Fn2 new owner

by dtl07js

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002