The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
http://www.tyretraders.com/index2.html?lmd=38751.490312 have reduced the price on Toyo Proxes T1R's to a new (hopefully) constant low price. They are now £78.73 each inc. vat and free delivery when purchasing 2 or more of them.

**This only applies to the standard 205/45/R17 CTR size!!

The price was agreed with Mike in sales @ Tyretraders, so any problems please try and speak to him. If you find the price has gone back up then mention our forum, and remind him of the agreement to reduce the price for us! (oh, and let me know if the price has increased :wink: ).

By Dazmb
R20190 wrote:Sorry to rain on your parade but http://www.mytyres.co.uk already do them for £77.40 each including postage.
You're not raining on the parade! For the exact reason i'm saying. Mytyres often don't have the Proxes', and I know this as i've checked myself and find they don't show up when you search using the CTR standard tyre size. And the price varies too. I've seen them over £80 on their site.

What we've tried to do here is get a consistent & long term low price. Not here today gone tomorrow like Mytyres seems to be....
By R20190
Fair comment mate, its true that they don't always have them. But when they get a load in, their prices are very competitive.

I bought 4 from them 6months ago for iirc £68 delivered! :shock:
By SteCox
I got two of these fitted at there place in Darlaston yesterday. Told the guy what I wanted 2*Proxes fitted on the fronts.

He said I can do you those for £110 each mate!! After I pointed out his internet price was £78 he changed his mind!! OK I will do it for that then!!

So I paid £170 for two fitted which I didnt think was too bad.

But how many other people had paid £220 !!! :roll: :roll:
By Dazmb
R20190 wrote:Fair comment mate, its true that they don't always have them. But when they get a load in, their prices are very competitive.

I bought 4 from them 6months ago for iirc £68 delivered! :shock:
£68!!! That's very good. So why are they £78 now? That's one of the problems with them IMO. Prices all over the place.
By mattyc
I have these tyres i will say i like them alot. I picked up a full set up for £80 each fitted!
By Patlabor
I ordered 4 of these off their website last monday night, they arrived early on wednesday morning. Good service, thanks for coming to the agreement.

Really impressed with the tyres.
By Mpower
I ordered 2 on Sunday, they were here Tuesday night.

Fantastic service, getting them fitted at w/end

Thanks for setting it up mate.

*******Fitted the two for a tenner*********

Amazing in the wet
By Dazmb
In a continuation of the liason between CTRO and Tyretraders.com I have been in contact with Mike from their sales team discussing prices.

I mentioned to him that a £5 gap had emerged between the original price we agreed upon of £78 ea, and the price that was obtainable elsewhere. Well, Mike has just confirmed to me that he was in discussions with Toyo on reducing prices on selected sizes, one of which was our very own CTR size.

So from today Tyretraders have reduced the 205/45/R17 Toyo Proxes T1-R price to £73.50 ea. This is fantastic news, and represents great value. If Toyo's are not your choice I notice that they also have Bridgestone RE040 Pots' for under £90 which again is excellent.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mike for his efforts. He has been first class with us from the start, and through his goodwill we have been able to get this excellent stable long term price, and remember we have been able to drive the price down now by around £10 per tyre from their already cheap starting price!

So it's up to us to support their efforts and make use of them. And no, i'm not on commission! The comments above from CTRO members show that they give a good service too, so it's all good folks.

**Also, for a limited period period if you mention you are a CTRO member you will get a Toyo Baseball cap thrown in free.
By meatyboy
SteCox wrote:I got two of these fitted at there place in Darlaston yesterday. Told the guy what I wanted 2*Proxes fitted on the fronts.

He said I can do you those for £110 each mate!! After I pointed out his internet price was £78 he changed his mind!! OK I will do it for that then!!

So I paid £170 for two fitted which I didnt think was too bad.

But how many other people had paid £220 !!! :roll: :roll:
Same here mate told my local tyre place they were a lot dearer than other quotes i got ,they did a deal with me then 8)
By cwwoodley
are these toyo proxys really that good, both in the dry and in the wet?

i have standard on the front and prelli p zero on the back, and find the standards very good in all weather and that they dont wear too fast as im not a hard driver,

is it worth putting these toyos all round as the back doesnt really do as much grip as the fronts ( do they?)

please help me,

also just a thought instead of doin a group buy where everyone individually rings up if we get a big list of ppl that want to buy them and how many they want, then ring up and order say 100 get them all sent out to our houses would we be able to get the price even lower as the company will know that they will sell 100 odd tyres in one go?

we did this on my last car forum and it was hugely popular and saved alot of cash

cwwoodley
By Dazmb
cwwoodley wrote:are these toyo proxys really that good, both in the dry and in the wet?

i have standard on the front and prelli p zero on the back, and find the standards very good in all weather and that they dont wear too fast as im not a hard driver,

is it worth putting these toyos all round as the back doesnt really do as much grip as the fronts ( do they?)

please help me,

also just a thought instead of doin a group buy where everyone individually rings up if we get a big list of ppl that want to buy them and how many they want, then ring up and order say 100 get them all sent out to our houses would we be able to get the price even lower as the company will know that they will sell 100 odd tyres in one go?

we did this on my last car forum and it was hugely popular and saved alot of cash

cwwoodley
The Proxy T1's are highly regarded. Always have been. The old S version was a bit of a legend in fact, but it was a soft compound that didn't last too long usually. The new T1 R's are a harder compound i believe, so should last longer. Some people are saying they are not quite as good as the S version. But they are still fab tyres. Look at Tyretest.com for info.

The price from Tyretraders.com is a great price mate too. Believe me you won't get them much cheaper. The sales manager has already told me that the margin's are very slim. They already buy in bulk from Toyo.
Last edited by Dazmb on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By colin price
I ordered 2 Toyo's on Tues. arrived Wed. great service.
Thanks for the deal paid £73.50 ea. delivered
Had them fitted today :D
By bmw2Type-R
Don't mean to ruin things but i paid for fitting and 2 pot's balanced and valves £192
By Sub97
Dazmb wrote:
cwwoodley wrote:are these toyo proxys really that good, both in the dry and in the wet?

please help me,

cwwoodley
The Proxy T1's are highly regarded. Always have been. The old S version was a bit of a legend in fact, but it was a soft compound that didn't last too long usually. The new T1 R's are a harder compound i believe, so should last longer. Some people are saying they are not quite as good as the S version. But they are still fab tyres. Look at Tyre-test.com for info.

The price from Tyretraders.com is a great price mate too. Believe me you won't get them much cheaper. The sales manager has already told me that the margin's are very slim. They already buy in bulk from Toyo.
Might want to take the "-" out of your tyre_test.com link mate :)
By Epiphany
They're down to £70.71 each now. Much cheaper than i can find else where.

Going to get them delivered and get them fitted during my service :)
By Scby555
Don't forget you still have to pay for fitting. Some rip off fitters won't be happy about you bringing your own tyres and they can charge anywhere from £5 to £15 each to fit.
Also, if you have any issues they won't be able to help you because you supplied your own tyres.
Just something to think about.

For all you North East people:
Revolution in Gateshead will do these for £86 fitted:
http://www.revolution.eu.com/
By Dazmb
New CTR 18" tyres are fairly reasoable price too. One for the future that one though. But I will be on to them when the time comes :wink:
By Epiphany
Scby555 wrote:Don't forget you still have to pay for fitting. Some rip off fitters won't be happy about you bringing your own tyres and they can charge anywhere from £5 to £15 each to fit.
Also, if you have any issues they won't be able to help you because you supplied your own tyres.
Just something to think about.

For all you North East people:
Revolution in Gateshead will do these for £86 fitted:
http://www.revolution.eu.com/
Honda in Basingstoke quoted £35 (-10% forum discount) for 2 tyres fitted & balanced and the tracking done.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]