The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
shocked people fit such an incompatible tyre on ep3 in my eyes, absolute only reason i can think is that their cheap and cheerful

i ran set several years ago on ek when just launched. poor tyre and promised never to fit set to any car i ever owned again

i sold an ek9 that had these on and in my talks with person that eventually bought the car i explained how crap the toyo t1r was and not suited to ek9 (had about 5mm tread), i advised him to bin them and fit appropriate tyres to car once he got car home
Did you wait until he'd paid in full before you told him they were crap :)

Ive had the 225/45/18's on my FN2 for the last 500 miles and tbh I prefer them to the OEM bridgestones. Seem to have a lot more grip on damp & wet roads. Ok my bridgestones were well worn with 17k on them but even I have more grip than I recall ever having in this car.

Only downside is visually they dont look as tidy imho.
P1Fanatic wrote:Did you wait until he'd paid in full before you told him they were crap :)

Ive had the 225/45/18's on my FN2 for the last 500 miles and tbh I prefer them to the OEM bridgestones. Seem to have a lot more grip on damp & wet roads. Ok my bridgestones were well worn with 17k on them but even I have more grip than I recall ever having in this car.

Only downside is visually they dont look as tidy imho.

actually told him before he even came to look at car as he came from europe to collect

if the bridgestone was cheaper or same price as toyo would you still buy the toyo ? i beleive treadwear rating is lower than the bridgestones as well so dont last as long

my biggest issue with u.k tyre market as that best tyres arent available in u.k but then again some tyres i used to import several years ago have been launched in u.k last few years once people slowly catch on

toyo do some good tyres that i would run but again their not available in u.k from anyone
If they were the same price before I got the Toyos then no but thats probably more to do with mine being a lease car and wanting to return it as standard. But since Ive tried them I like them better gripwise. If I was keeping the car longer and it was mine Id probably stump up the readies and get some eagle F1s or pilotsports as I do less than 7k per year anyway.
Ziggypoptastic wrote:I've got 2 spare yokohama parada spec 2 tyres in the garage an was thinking about getting another 2.
Would it be ok to change from 205/45/17 bridgestones (all 4 of them nearly worn out) to 205/40/17 (parada spec 2's) on the CTR (EP3) ?
I have 205/40/17 potenzas on my oem wheels and the size is fine
Kris888 wrote:Whats the verdict on the T1-R's vs the potenza's?
I've had both mate n I have to say for the price of T1-R's they are awesome I can't tell the differance apart from the price!! In the wet the T1-R's are mint n dry the grip really well & last me a good few k on mileage hope that helps a bit [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Hi guys n gals.

I posted on here a while back with feedback and I am on my second set of Toyos about to buy my third.... My last set did 30,000k with me front to backing the tryes to make the most of them.... 2 yrs and 3 months..... Not bad for me with the mandatory lead right foot with these cars ;) In 2010 they cost 280.28 plus fitting for four..... holy moly not no more...

Only problem is the companies seem to have realised how good they are - the prices are not cheap!!!!! Anyone found the new replacement for TOYOs now they are establishing themselves as a good brand?? lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]