The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By TazR
gftg wrote:
TazR wrote:
What price can you do Gary on 215/35/18 Feds??, i need 4.
215\35x18 Federal 70 each + vat

Gary
Cheers for that, i take it i will not notice much difference in grip, in regards to me currently having 225's.

I know some tyres are different widths, even though they may both state 225.
By gftg
TazR wrote:
gftg wrote:
TazR wrote:
What price can you do Gary on 215/35/18 Feds??, i need 4.
215\35x18 Federal 70 each + vat

Gary
Cheers for that, i take it i will not notice much difference in grip, in regards to me currently having 225's.

I know some tyres are different widths, even though they may both state 225.
No you shouldnt notice much difference

Tyres are measured on the width of the tread not the width of the tyre hence the reason some tyres have an overall wider width of others of same size

Gary
By boobster
Anywhere in the Midlands sell the Feds??
By EvoStu
boobster wrote:Anywhere in the Midlands sell the Feds??
Top Gear West Brom?

EvoStu.
By boobster
Well u've done it again. Thanks again oh wise one!! :infinity:
By boobster
Finally got round to getting some Feds on the front today. Went to Top Gear, West Brom. Great bunch of lads. £135 all in for the V-Rated. Can't really argue at that price. Well chuffed :D :D
By Lady Road Runner
dieselpower wrote:Image

New Dunlop SP Sport Maxx high performance tyre just out

http://www.dunloptyres.co.uk/site/tyres ... SportMaxx/

Available in 215/40/17 87Y
Has anyone tried these tyres? What are they like? As I am going to have to change mine soon, I'm getting desperate to know which tyres to go for. Preferably something that doesn't tramline and something that's good in the wet and dry!
By dieselpower
LRR, I'm going to try the SP Maxx when I wear my front Feds out. Don't know of anyone who has tried them but I'm up for giving them a go :D Got Toyos on the back at the moment but they won't last 8k miles on the front :(
By Type-Robbo
I was told my fed 595's were the wrong speed rating?? (by Honda at service)

About to need a new set of boots all round so need to know what to go for next time.

In 12k couldn't fault the feds, just want to be sure they're the right rating!
By dieselpower
The standard Feds are V rated but you can now get them in W rating which is Honda's standard. V rated is ok as it's safe to 149mph :)
By Type-Robbo
Ah excellent, cheers for that. Are they more ££?
By dieselpower
Fiver a tyre more :)
By londonrich
any update's on the performance of the feds-cant decide between them or toyos.... :roll:
By EvoStu
londonrich wrote:any update's on the performance of the feds-cant decide between them or toyos.... :roll:
The Feds are softer tyres than the Bridgestones and as a result do affect the handling somewhat. The Toyos are also a much softer tyre and also have trade offs as well.

I have Feds and like them but I know people that don't and it's the same with the Toyos, some people like them and some people don't.

It's a pity you can't try before you buy to be honest.

I must admit I'm going back to a standard size tyre next though 205/45/17 as the wider tyre does make you lose the sharpness in the steering (but you get used to it).

The other option which we've been hearing good things about is the Yokohama Prada Spec 2's.

EvoStu.
By Type-Robbo
I still need a full set, and sadly I lost my job in july, so they have to be cheap as poss without being poor quality, I think the 205/45 feds may be the way to go.

If I mail order tyres, will Kwik fit etc be happy to fit them?
By Type-Robbo
Sorry to be a pain, can I have a price for 4 205/45 R17 Feds please gary?

(the ones with tougher sidewalls), this is for delivery to kent.

Cheers! 8)
By EvoStu
Type-Robbo wrote:Sorry to be a pain, can I have a price for 4 205/45 R17 Feds please gary?

(the ones with tougher sidewalls), this is for delivery to kent.

Cheers! 8)
Gary is still off work mate iirc.

Your best bet might to mail him.

[email protected]

EvoStu.
By Type-Robbo
Ah ok cheers Stu, have emailed him :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]