The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By tacko'
Just got my new F1s fitted to the rear and the old rears moved foward....on the drive home back end felt.......funny. Semmed lose under braking, not sure if this is

a, Down to the fact they need running in.
b, different tyre types front and rear
c, I've just cocked up on tyre choice :oops:

i will keep u posted
By zstevesingoz
Are you using the standard size 205/45/17? I didn't think F1s were available in our size.
By EvoStu
zstevesingoz wrote:Are you using the standard size 205/45/17? I didn't think F1s were available in our size.
They aren't but 215/40/17's are!

EvoStu.
By zstevesingoz
That's why I asked. This could accoun for the inbalace. I suggest waiting 200miles before jumping to conclusions.
By tacko'
Done about 140 miles on them now....they are 215/45/17 incidentally....and they feel quite a lot better they. Seem less stiff than the bridgestones but utlimately seem to have more grip...it just feels like they don't as you first turn in, soon as ur in the corner they settle nicely and have a bit more feeling as to what the back ends doing....just not sure i like the intial turn in felling :? i'll leave them on for another 100 or so then swap em with the front to see what they feel like there

ps. road noise is significantly less :)
By petehall
tacko' wrote:Done about 140 miles on them now....they are 215/45/17 incidentally....and they feel quite a lot better they. Seem less stiff than the bridgestones but utlimately seem to have more grip...it just feels like they don't as you first turn in, soon as ur in the corner they settle nicely and have a bit more feeling as to what the back ends doing....just not sure i like the intial turn in felling :? i'll leave them on for another 100 or so then swap em with the front to see what they feel like there

ps. road noise is significantly less :)
215/45/17 is a funny size to put on mate! :shock: i really hope that was a typo and you have 215/40/17 on! :shock: :roll:

having wheels with a totally different radius could explain all your problems i would imagine mate!

the tyres would be this much out....

NORMAL TYRES

Wheel Diameter (inches) 17
Diameter (mm) 431.80
Width (mm) 205
Aspect ratio (%) 45%
Tyre wall (mm) 92.25
Overall diameter (mm) 616.30
Radius (mm) 308.15
Circumference (mm) 1935.18

YOUR NEW ONES

Wheel Diameter (inches) 17
Diameter (mm) 431.80
Width (mm) 215
Aspect ratio (%) 45%
Tyre wall (mm) 96.75
Overall diameter (mm) 625.30
Radius (mm) 312.65
Circumference (mm) 1963.44

actually its only 3cm bigger... but i think this is quite a lot?!
By JPS3290
yep, 215/40/17
By tacko'
sorry yes fat finger attack 215 40 17... :oops:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]