The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By marky68
So I need some track tyres for 2017, the car is only being used on track and is stripped, caged and coilovers running 295BHP

If I stuck with the low end I'd get nearly two sets for the price of high end set but will they wear twice as quick or are they worth it?
On other cars in the past I've run R888 as I've mainly had kit cars or cars weighing less than the Civic and I've been happy with them but it would be nice to try something different.

Having a quick look at current prices as a rough guide here's a list for 225 45 17's
Sub £400
Federal 595 RS-R - 94W XL  £328
Nankang NS-2R 94W - MEDIUM £325
Yokohama AD08R  91W £396
Nankang 94W AR-1 Semi Slick £416

Toyo R1-R/R1R 91W £476

Top end price
Dunlop DZ03G £600
Toyo R888R 94W £605
R888 Tyres 94W MEDIUM £600
I've had AD08's and was happy with them. At the end of last year I replaced them with Federal 595 RS-R's and found them to be even better in terms of dry grip and they really are bargain.

I can't comment on performance in the wet as I haven't tried them but suspect they may be less grippy than the Yoko's.
I'm running ns2r on my supercharged track car they are brilliant, I finished a set off at the weekend I'll be ordering some more in the next week or so
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]