The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By Miles ph
Hi everyone,

Returning to EP3 ownership after 6 years :D , only had it 3 weeks, very happy but I'm in need of new tyres.

Currently have Toyo T1r's 205/45/17, wheels fitted are Team dynamics pro race 1.2 17'' vehicle is an 05 lowered on eibachs about 30mm

Sadly the previous owner didn't have adjustable rear camber arms or front camber bolts so all 4 need replacing even though there 6 months old due to inner wear

Was going to replace with T1r's again but have read a few reviews about the Kumho le sport an wondered if anyone was running them? Would love to put Eagle F1's but the vehicle's having a full service next week then is in for four wheel alignment and camber arms/bolts fitting so gotta keep to a sensible budget, preferably under 300 (fitted) for all 4, any other suggestion welcome.

Thanks
By jgalla89
I have these tyres on mine and for a mid range tyre i find them very good, both in the wet and dry.

Think I paid about £350 all in for 4 fitted including balancing.

I also find they are quite long lasting after having them on a previous car
By Miles ph
Thanks for the reply, I've read a few reviews and some people have complained of vibration at motorway speed cruise after fitting, i thought it might just be a few isolated issue, have you ever experienced this?
By Miles ph
Are these the tyres that came standard in the Type r or were they the RE040? I read reviews on here saying they were poor in the wet? must say that i had bridgestones on my last Type R and and can't remember complaining but that was 6 years ago :D
By wHAmEz
Slightly different 50s replaced the 40s. My civic had the 40s on first and I didn't rate then. The 50s are superb. I think they have been replaced by the s001 now.
By jgalla89
No never had this issue with mine.

Just checked and i paid £328 all in last year, for supply, fitting and balancing & tracking done, which i thought wasnt too badly priced
Miles ph wrote:Thanks for the reply, I've read a few reviews and some people have complained of vibration at motorway speed cruise after fitting, i thought it might just be a few isolated issue, have you ever experienced this?
By TypeROzzy
Hi, I have had the Kumho ku39 tyres on my Ep3 since December. I actually got them for a bargain on eBay a few months earlier but didn't know what to expect from them. They are a good mid range tyre. Decent grip in wet and dry, no complaints. I guess you get what you pay for!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]