The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By cookie16v
I have got some Evo 8 wheels and just wanting to know what would be the biggest size tyres I can get. I know I will have to roll the arches would I be able to fit a 235 and run it on my type r?. Any help would be great.
By cookie16v
AdamB92 wrote:Probably could run 235, but 225 will be better. Why do you want the widest tyres possible?

I don't want the widest tyre possible just seeing what size you can run a 225 would do me would I still have to roll my arches?.
By shaRRpy
As Adam said you probably could run 235 but arches would have to be rolled flat and you would have to run a lot of camber and they may still rub even then.go for 225 but you'll still need arches rolling.
By cookie16v
shaRRpy wrote:As Adam said you probably could run 235 but arches would have to be rolled flat and you would have to run a lot of camber and they may still rub even then.go for 225 but you'll still need arches rolling.

Ok cheers for your information I will go for a 225/45 then I can get my arches rolled not a problem.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]