The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
I've got a trackday booked for me and my ep3 in early December and my tyres are approaching replacement time...

I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 and can't fault them for a road tyre on standard Oem alloys.
But I can't decide what to do. Any help appreciated please!

Do I leave these on and replace after the trackday? - just enjoy the slides!

-Try and find a better winter trackday tyre- does that even exist??

-Just get another set of Goodyear or similar- CSC5 etc etc.

I guess it's not worth going for summer track tyres as it might rain and I'd struggle to get any heat in them...
You're on the right lines, if you wanted a predominantly wet weather tyre, possibly check out the Uniroyal Rainsport 3, but they are mainly a wet weather tyre so will overheat and don't last too long in dry weather conditions.

Which ever you decide, make sure their properly scrubbed in before you go on track, as new tyres with 8mm depth tread blocks don't like too much lateral force.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stay away from a rainsport or similar as that will guarantee a nice sunny day for sure once I get them fitted.

And I hadn't really thought about the issue with the deep tread. If it's a washout I won't be too bothered, but I suppose I ought to get them bought and scrubbed in soon just in case. Not long to go now.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]