The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By cakeslice88
fed up of the mohawks the previous owner put on now, so slippy when the ground is a bit moist.
what are people using on there ep3s? im after 215/45/17, been looking at Uniroyal rainsport 3, toyo proxes, hankooks, vredestein
By Lewisgame
I don't think any of them will give you confidence in the wet. I'd push for a better brand tyre such as Bridgestone, Continental or Goodyear
By cakeslice88
im not worried about to much wet grip as I don't push the car anyway, just fed up of the mohawks spinning up everytime I pull away, don't have masses of cash at the mo, looking round £60 a tyre il fit and balance them up at work, will probably use camskill
By Lewisgame
For an extra £20 a corner you'll get such a better tyre that'll not only perform better but will probably last longer. Long term probably saving you a few quid.
By AdamB92
Agree with Lewis, it's not just about pushing the car in the wet though, what about standing water?

The Bridgestone or Goodyear Eagle F1 would be my choice.
By Norv
I'm a massive fan of the vredistein ultrac Sessanta, I run them on my Mrs a4 2.0t they have amazing grip in the wet. I currently have toyo proxes on my r and hate them! For a car with zero torque it spins like mad in the wet! The audi is 250bhp and pulls from 3k with little spinning unless on full lock, mine struggles to pull away with partial throttle sometimes! I'm leaning towards the Eagle f1 or another set of vreds personally.
By *nub*
you're not interested in wet grip yet you're lookng at Uniroyal rainsport 3's :P

Get contisport 5's in the cheaper profile typre, they're like £90 a corner AFAIK as oppposed to £120
By cakeslice88
looking at Uniroyal because a mate recommends them on his impreza, im not a massive fan of proxes in the wet had them allround on my fiesta st and was never impressed, had continentals on my focus st and they just didn't last long, had bridgestones on my impreza and they were ok but nothing spetacular
By wHAmEz
Personally I highly rate the Potenza RE050a. £408 for 4 fitted. 205/45/17
By EvoStu
wHAmEz wrote:Personally I highly rate the Potenza RE050a. £408 for 4 fitted. 205/45/17
Listen to this man! He knows!
By V-TEC
EvoStu » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 am wrote:
wHAmEz wrote:Personally I highly rate the Potenza RE050a. £408 for 4 fitted. 205/45/17
Listen to this man! He knows!
Indeed he does. I filled up with petrol a few days ago and it was absolutely hammering it down with rain. As the petrol station is on a fast busy dual carriageway I had to pull out and get up to speed quickly. Basically I was able to hit vtec in second gear without wheelspin even though it was torrential rain.
By Lewisgame
Another +1 for the RE050a. Not only do I use them daily but have done track days and Nurburgring trips with them. They can take the abuse.
By cakeslice88
so you think the re50 bridgestones are worth a go, I never rated them on the impreza, decisions need to be made off to tywyn the end of September so ideally like them on for the drive :lol:
By Lewisgame
The only time I struggle with them is when it's cold and wet. But Bridgestone are known for having a rock hard sidewall structure and I'd imagine the rubber compound is fairly hard.
Impreza handling sucks. Just masses of understeer.
By cakeslice88
impreza was a disappointment in most areas, steering, handling and braking was just awful standard, il never own another that's for sure
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]