The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By wHAmEz
Ok I know the tyre testing for our civics is W. I'm curious as to what the difference would be if I put on a faster speed rating. The tyres on looking at are Y rating. Would they still hands and perform the same. Never really thought about this before. Can anyone shed some light on this?
By AdamB92
W is the minimum you should be putting on, anything higher is ok, it's just the speed rating. Although even with a W it's not very often you'll be hitting 168mph or more to need to go up to a Y :wink:
By wHAmEz
Lol yeah I've only suddenly thought about it. I can understand going for a lower rating can be dangerous obviously but not the other way. I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they only have the Y rating. Pretty expensive £493 fully fitted.
By wHAmEz
I imagine you be safe if you travel over 149 mph too often!
By AdamB92
I have heard some rumours that if you put on the wrong spec tyres, your insurance is void. Don't know how true that is, but I guess insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up!
By wHAmEz
Yeah that would make sense [THUMBS UP SIGN]
By 15repyt
AdamB92 wrote:I have heard some rumours that if you put on the wrong spec tyres, your insurance is void. Don't know how true that is, but I guess insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up!
That's if you down grade mate from say a w to v.
By AdamB92
15repyt wrote:
AdamB92 wrote:I have heard some rumours that if you put on the wrong spec tyres, your insurance is void. Don't know how true that is, but I guess insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up!
That's if you down grade mate from say a w to v.
Yeah that's what I was meaning to say, lower speed rated tyres.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]