The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By Turkish91
Been weighing up my options for some semi-slick, track day style rubber and spotted the Kumho KU36s on the net... Considerably cheaper than the mainstream stuff the only one cheaper being the Syron Street Race tyres that a lot of people are rating at the moment.

My question is, has anyone on here had any first hand experience of KU36s on an EP3? Is the difference in price over AD08s/R888s etc really that noticeable? They're coming on for nearly half the price of AD08s (£135 a pair!)
By w6ady
I have heard very good things about nankang ns2r's they are on the cheap end of track rubber. Federal rsr are meant to be good also. Track style rubber is my next mod too. Can't make my mind up to go for one of the types I mentioned or pay a bit more for 888's, dz03g etc.
By AdamB92
I looked at these when I was looking at tyres, they seemed okay but no many people use them for track, it seems out of the Kumho range it's the v700 that gets good reviews for road/race tyres.

I opted for the nankang ns2-r, they are a very good tyre. It would certainly be hard to find the limits of them on the road. I can't really comment how they are on track in the dry but on track in the wet they wernt bad but certainly lost a lot of feel for the car.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]