The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Burning Rubber!
By smartie
Just put a set of these on the vRS. Seem good enough for me. Quieter than my previous tyres, Pilot Sports, grip seems decent enough though I dont cane it everywhere. :P £360 fitted from Black Circles. :bigthumb:
By typefern
They are quieter and give a smoother ride, however on a dry day when there is a road to be enjoyed there not a patch on a Bridgestones RE40. I have now fitted them on the rear, I wouldn't recommend having different tyres on your vehicle, however with the Bridgestones on the front you have the grip and turn in and with the Falkens on the rear you get the reduced noise and ride comfort.
Last edited by typefern on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By typefern
I have just read this topic again, I must be really missing some thing. Due to it being dry, tomorrow I'm going to swap them to the front to see how they do.
By Hawkins
ze 912 are ok for general everday use. But they don't compare to re40 in the dry.

and for aesthetics they side wall looks a bit bloated compared to the re 40
By smartie
The ZE 912 are more of a touring tyre rather than a performance tyre, 452's are the ones you want for a CTR. They are fine for me but I think I would want something more grippy on a CTR.
By Hawkins
This weekend I decided to put the pressure upto 34 front 32 rear in the 912, this instantly makes them feel much more like the potz so I thinking of trying the upper 160km figure for the ep3 to 36 front and 34 rear.
By danneth
hitchen1985 wrote:When you get 452's nice and warm the grip is very good in the dry for a tyre at this price
This! for a cheap tyre, im impressed with them
By Hawkins
typefern wrote:Have a look at the dirt foot print on the tyre to see if you're getting full contact with the road, if that makes sense.
I'll have a look, but must admit i am running 2 degrees of camber all round. Also noticed with the extra pressure how much quiter and smoother the car seems to drive.

Also since i have another set of oem alloys that need a refurb that i might get them fixed and fit a set of potz for the summer and save these 912 for the autum and winter months.
By andys
After much deliberation, I've ordered a full set from Camskill, fingers crossed !

Decided these would be more suited to me than the other Falkens, as I can't remember the last time I saw sunshine, let alone drove on a great road on a sunny day ;)
By andys
Got them on and the car on the road.

Not driven an EP3 for years (just put mine on the road) but all things considered i'm really happy. Car feels good / tight etc, all things considered for £241 for 4 tyres i'm happy - so far :)
By KPowell911
I currently have 4x P Zero's on mine. The 2 fronts need replacing, So I've boought 2 of these. Going to put them on the back and the P Zeros from the back to the front till they run down then have 4x 912s all round.
By Stevo M81
I went for the 452's and fine them great in the dry and wet [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By smartie
Stevo M81 wrote:I went for the 452's and fine them great in the dry and wet [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
They are more performance oriented than the 912. :salut:
By Stevo M81
smartie wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:I went for the 452's and fine them great in the dry and wet [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
They are more performance oriented than the 912. :salut:
Haven't tried the 912 but i can see maybe if someone is looking an all year round tire why they would go for them if they liked the falken brand. Its a bit like the Toyo R1 and Toyo Proxes 4. I had the Toyo Proxes 4 on my EP3 and found them to be a good tire for a all season one.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]