The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Jazz.
By BennyTypeR
So after my recent purchase of my second Type-R turns out my dear old mum is also in the market for a new car...

After much thought and considerations of other cars on the market i suggested the Honda Jazz Sport (2005 model)

I've taken her to drive a couple and the choice of car is set. It's going to be the Jazz after mostly positive feedback, good reviews, awards its won over the last 9 years and i quite like its looks.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some last minute feedback, things to look out for etc etc as i don't know an awful lot about them.

This is what we are viewing first thing tomorrow morning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-HONDA ... 27ce5d59b8
By FFCFN2
My mum is on her second one, this time the CVT, and their pretty bulletproof to be honest. I'd be more concerned at making sure there was service history and the bodywork was straight, they do seem to attract parking dings and kerbed alloys. On that note, check the front tyres for uneven wear and alignment issues. Corrosion doesn't seem to be an issue, but the paint is quite thin, a bit like the Civic. There have been a couple of recalls, I'd check with a dealer what these were and what years were affected.

Interior is hard wearing, and remarkably rattle free. Look for usual wear and tear on seats and the usual other places, and leaks from the sunroof.

I actually enjoy driving it, it's a great wee car and surprisingly nippy, and there's a ton of room inside.

Good luck.
By Willst220
My Grandparents have one- it's a 2004 and I THINK it has a 7 speed auto box - might be 6, for some reason 7 came into my head. I have to say its the quietest car I've ever been in. I thought it must have been stalled a few times, seriously silky smooth ride.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]