The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Jazz.
By GaryMan
Hi,

Had a few request about my car so I thought I'll post up my build up thread that I've got posted on a couple of forums I'm on.

After owning a modded EP3 CTR for 7.5 years, I was told by the missus that I had to change my car to a more family friendly 5 door.

So in March 09, I purchased a GE6 Jazz 1.4ES in Cerulean Blue with OEM rear roof spolier.

I thought the ride height was too high so decided to lower it with some Eibach springs. I had some Eibach on my EP3 and they were really good for my needs so that was my reason to stick with Eibach.

Front before

Front after

Rear before

Rear after

Before

After

I was looking around the internet and found J's Racing had a really nice front lip spolier for their Jazz and looked into getting one. However, my research found that their lip spoiler were only for the GE8, and that it would not fit our GE6.

I was able to find a supplier in Singapore who did replica ones so went ahead and ordered it. I reckon its the only one in the UK.

Replica J's Racing front lip spolier

Due to the fact that I was so use to the recaros in the CTR, I felt I was being "thrown" around driving in the Jazz- even though I wasnt going fast! So I just had to get some recaros fitted.

Luckily for me, there was a guy selling some recaros from his Evo8 MR340, so purchased them and kept in the garage for about a year and a bit as I was waiting for the Yen to get better before ordering some Bride RO seat rails to get these installed. Been waiting and waiting and in the end, decided to just bite the bullet and purchased them in May'10 from JamesT@ Touge Distributions : http://www.tougedistribution.com/

A few weeks later, i remembered I had a 2 year fixed rate bonds were maturing so thought s0d it and ordered a J's Racing front strut bar as well.

The Bride Rails and strut bar did not arrive until July'10 but it was some time before I installed them....

Anyways, as I was on a spending spree, I thought I may as well carry on ;D

Changed the gear knob

Before

After

Its the titanium gear knob from a DC2 which the previous owner (HASNIC) had polished to give it the Spoon Titanium blue finish.

Its quite a heavy knob but its really transformed the gear change and theres a nice feel to it now- totally love it!

J's Racing Oil cap in blue

J's Racing rad cap

Mugen pedals

Clutch pedal seems slightly off but havent been bothered to get that sorted. Heel and toe is pretty good fun now.

Due to various reasons, I was not able to install the strut bar until end of July'10

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!). Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Also tried to fit the recaros but encountered major problems taking the seat off the original (Evo) subframe and it wasnt until Oct'10 before we were able to tackle this again with the help of a small blow torch.

We also had to drill some new holes in the Bride rails as they didnt aligne with the mounting points on the recaros. I'd also purchased one of those airbag resistor kits from Capital Seating and had that all wired up so I didnt have to have the SRS light constantly on.

Took a while but finally the recaros were in and I just wished I had them in a lot sooner!! Def more fun to drive with the recaros! LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Few weeks later, I purchased a K&N panel filter to replace the oem

And that was how it stayed until about March'11 where I got myself a lovely set of Enkei NT03 15x7 ET35 with Toyo T1R 205/50/15

Fitted

I was a bit concerned that the tyre did "stick" out slightly but I took it to my local Honda dealer and they confirmed it was fine.

Then Nov'11 was the biggy when I thought I needed to complete the body kit and just went and got the Mugen side skirt and rear lip bumper. As the rear bumper had a recess for an exhaust pipe, I naturally had to complement that with a nice new Spoon N1 :tumble:

I was never too keen on the N1 on the EP3 but as there wasnt really much else available, i thought i'd give it a shot and as expected, it was too loud for my liking so managed to get a bung for it which has helped :biggrin:

Then at the end of the year just before xmas, someone was selling their 17" Oz Superleggeras with mint Good Year Eagle F1 205/40/17 so I just had to buy them as I had Superleggeras on my EP3 and are one of my favourite wheels.

Didnt fit them until mid Feb'12

However, I'd noticed the extra weight of these and affected my mpg which has gone down to about 38mpg so I swapped back to my NT03.

22/05/12

Replaced the Mugen pedals with offical Honda sport pedals

Replaced badge on steering wheel (sticker)

08/06/12

Mugen wing arrived

29/06/12

Buddyclub short shifter which is for all Jazz- GD and GE

Just had it installed over lunch

and the oem one

06/07/12

Mugen wing is on :bouncing:

I believe my bodykit is now completed 8)

12/07/12

Front badge replaced with Red one

Before

After

20/07/12

Track day at Croft with HOT

Holding the guys up :duh:

Croft album is http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28 ... ly%202012/

So thats about it...... (more pics can be found in my photobucket account here.

My dream would be to fit a K20 into her but I dont think the missus would agree and I want to stay alive :embaressed:

Views and comments welcome ;D

Gary
Last edited by GaryMan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By markl
I kinda think thats cool. JDM FTW. Definately nicer and more unique than the stupidly expensive mugen ones at the stealers in that other thread on here!

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By GaryMan
05/10/12

Since I had the Buddyclub short shifter installed, I havent been able to use the locking nut to position the DC2 gear knob properly.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been able to tighten the knob so it now sit straight in the the numbers are all horizontal.

However, I managed to get my hands on the following:

Before (DC2 gear knob- notice how much of the thread of the shifter you can see)

After

Spoon Titanium gear knob 8)

I had one on my EP3 which I should have kept (along with a whole load of mods but I dont want to go there as I still feel a bit miffed lol)

Anyways, for some bizzare reason, I can actually feel the short shifting a lot better now with the Spoon knob but as you may gather from the pics, its slightly lower down which feels a bit weird for me atm but I'm sure I'll get use to it.

26/10/12

Spoon shorty antenna so I dont hit my OEM antenna whenever I open the boot

Before (boot down)

After

Before (boot up)

After

By GaryMan
New wheels

Any guesses what they are? :bigsmile:

Oh and this arrived yesterday

By GaryMan
5th service and 3rd MOT carried out by my local honda dealer completed yesterday- happy to state that it flew past with no problems whatsoever 8)

As above, while they had the car, i asked them to install the Cusco rear arb

Not the best pics but should get an idea

Had the 5 year service plan when i first got the car so all i had to pay was £35 for the MOT- they didnt charge me for fitting the ARB which was very nice of them!

Gary
By GaryMan
Aid1987 wrote:Awesome!

Are the wheels Wedsports?
Yes- Wedsports TC005 16 x 7 ET 35
By Aid1987
GaryMan wrote:
Aid1987 wrote:Awesome!

Are the wheels Wedsports?
Yes- Wedsports TC005 16 x 7 ET 35
Quality. I absolutely love Wedsports! Great looking car, keep it up. :bigthumb:
By GaryMan
Had a wash and wax

Also had a Electronic Throttle Controller installed

Excuse the cabling as i just installed it- havent decided where to put it yet but its really quite fun in SP modes :cool:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]