The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Jazz.
By Sizey1980
Wont be for a few months yet, but i may have to get rid of EP3!!!! :shock: :sad:

I love my car to bits, and it really does sadden me to consider it, but running costs ect... Are hurting my wallet a little.

The main reason for this though, is due to moving house by the end of the year, and the possible pitter patter of little feet by the end of the year.

I love Japanese cars so much, so i want to stay with them, and I do love a Honda! Something caught my eye recently passing my local Honda dealer. A rather lovely looking Jazz Sport for about 8k. took a closer look at it and really liked it, interior looked nice, styling was good, the alloys would have to go though.

But i think i would still mod it, ive kinda got that bug now since having my R!

Is this a worth while purchase? Or will i look a penis in it? Looking for some really good advice here! What HP are the Sport's ones?
By karl
how much do you reckon the change is going to save you, have you done the math?
By bearman
surely the running cost of the R are no worse than spending 8k on a frickin jazz then money on top of that modding it!!?
By Sizey1980
Modding is obviously a slow option, and not something i would do in one hit.

As for costs R tax is about £240 for a year, the jazz is about £130 i think, insurance on my R is £1000 (rounded up), the jazz is £600 (rounded up).

R = £1240 p/a
Jazz = £730 p/a

And obviously petrol costs would be considerably less!

Just wanna know what there really like. I could go to a dealer and let him spin the sales pitch of a lifetime, but i value the opinion of this forums members as we all have a common interest. Cars not Figures!
By m1ke
Jazz are a great car but you will regret selling the civic, is it really that bad you can't afford the running costs?
By Sizey1980
Barney wrote:wouldnt buying a £2k car make more sense ?
Yeah it probably would, but I may be risking having a car that needs work done on it, Stupidly high mileage, or any number of things!

I keep going over the costings, and seeing if i can make it work, but im really just not sure! Got some more avenues i need to go over though to be sure!
By J
Sizey1980 wrote:Modding is obviously a slow option, and not something i would do in one hit.

As for costs R tax is about £240 for a year, the jazz is about £130 i think, insurance on my R is £1000 (rounded up), the jazz is £600 (rounded up).

R = £1240 p/a
Jazz = £730 p/a

And obviously petrol costs would be considerably less!

Just wanna know what there really like. I could go to a dealer and let him spin the sales pitch of a lifetime, but i value the opinion of this forums members as we all have a common interest. Cars not Figures!
Thats a little over £40/month. I would think about it.
By Omni
In financial hard times, the absolute first expense which should be cut out of your budget is modding, I mean FFS, thats a surefire way to end up with no money.
By PH47MF
To save money, it's probably best to buy something cheaper than £8k. There are some good Hondas out there for £2-3k.
By karl
you're selling your car to save £500 per year? buy a £500 derv 205 if you want to save a few quid
By Barney
karl wrote:you're selling your car to save £500 per year? buy a £500 derv 205 if you want to save a few quid
if you can find one
By karl
generic statement, just put £500 max into autotrader and select derv as fuel
By karl
but just to prove a point
By Cracksta
MPG is ok on the EP3, unless you have a heavy foot and redline it every second?

i prefer to pay a lil more for style and performance, your going to get the jazz, have the new car bug for 2 months, start modding it, spend almost the same on modding it compared to the EP3, then complain about its so slow, then you'll be back in another CTR within a year or 2.

Seen it happen alot, I was in similar situation when i sold my FTO, drank alot of fuel and high maintaince, but the EP3 appealled to me and the maintaince is minimal for the CTR.

If you want to save money, i would no way spend 8k on a car, maybe 3k max on a 1.6 car or something with at least 40mpg, otherwise there is no point.
By GaryMan
I have made this change from EP3 to the new (GE6) Jazz due to starting a family.

Dont get me wrong, the Jazz is an excellent small family car but I do miss my EP3 lots.

I've done a few mods on mine and people will say its a waste of money but I see it as my hobbie/passion, since I rarely spend any money on myself, so it goes into the car. I dont drink, smoke or buy new clothes, but wouldnt bat an eyelid on spending ££££ on my wife and kid.

Tbh, the amount you spend modding a Jazz isnt as cost effective as modding the Civic but its your money so do what you want with it- I have :lol:

Few pics of mine:

J's Racing front lip spoiler (replica)

J's Racing front strut, J's oil and rad cap

Recaros (from Evo 8 MR340) on Bride rails

Also have a DC2 gear knob and Mugen pedals and will be putting some new alloys in the next 2-4 weeks

Gary
By PH47MF
I like Jazz. Shame about the engine choice.
By GaryMan
dandemoraliser wrote:any external side shots? that bumper looks good.
Side and rear just standard guise :oops:

Been looking at getting a complete bodykit, or at least side skirt and rear lip bumper but the only (UK) choice I have is Mugen and they wanted just over £1k for the 3 bits of plastic and thats not even painted :-x ie would have costed approx £1.5k to get the parts, painted and fitted :shock:

Looking at importing the rest of the kit but still looking around £600 shipped before paint and fitting so a LOT of money.

I'm going to see what it looks like when i have my new wheels on before deciding to get the rest of the bodykit.

Link to my photobucket that is like a progress of what i've done so far

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]