The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information & queries related to the Honda Jazz.
By BeegRich
Wife went out to defrost the Jazz this morning, opened the car as usual stuck her bag, mobile in the car and started the rising sun machine up to warm up. Grabbed the de-icer and walked around the car to clear the windows.

As she was walking around the car with the de-icer the car locked itself while it was still running locking all her stuff and car keys still in the ignition :shock:

Good job we had a spare set of keys at my parents only 5 miles away as I was already in Milton Keynes!

Never known a car do that before!!

BeegRich
By evilowl
The CTR does it as well, but not if a door has been opened. It just automatically relocks itself if you plip the alarm to open the central locking but then don't open a door.

Oh well, no great harm done. I guess if the engine was running it autolocked the doors
By Papillon
The S2000 re-locks itself. I've often had nightmares about the idea of having to try to get into it with the keys inside!
By J
Self locking only happens if the doors have not been opened :???:
By BeegRich
I can assure you this is an exception!

The wife opended the door to put her stuff in and then closed it again to deice the car and warm the inside at the same time. The car locked itself while she was on the outside with all her stuff trapped inside.

The dealership could not explain it and I can't explain and put it down to the cold weather.

BeegRich
By J
We looked at this a while back, was anyone near by locking or unlocking their car?
By BeegRich
No there was no one, all of the neighbours had left for work so we can't explain it. One neighbour was out having a fag on his drive way but there was no other cars close by that were running or passing by.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]