The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By *nub*
is that actually carbon or what? H badge looks sh-t and too much carbon. even worse if its not even carbon. also alloys are sh-t
By dandemoraliser
*nub* wrote:is that actually carbon or what? H badge looks sh-t and too much carbon. even worse if its not even carbon. also alloys are sh-t
even if it is, what the chuff is it riding on?!

They are truly, truly awful. :sad:
By yella
*nub* wrote:is that actually carbon or what? H badge looks sh-t and too much carbon. even worse if its not even carbon. also alloys are sh-t

it is , carbon edition is a real thing, . But its missing its standard wheels for those horrible things.

to be honest i always think the carbon edition woud be hard to explain and its still heavier than an Ep3

the one you want is the advanced ( was a concept ) which is full carbon and just over a tonne

By *nub*
doesnt carbon just lacquer peel off every year or so when in the sun etc. i got a carbon bonnet but from what i heard i fully expect it to start peeling or whatever in the summer
By Arran
What a waste!
By chrisr111
dandemoraliser wrote::roll: :bad-words:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 00/1009591

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
It's been on Pistonheads for about a month and just a modded RR, not a 'carbon edition' (see below)

I've seen it in a few JDM mags and videos. Here it is on Youtube:

The funny thing is, the Pistonheads ad says that it's got 5,000 miles on the clock, but it is also for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan with 46,690 km on the clock, for around £18k--Jurgen would be making around a £10k profit.........

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w80030514

yella wrote:it is , carbon edition is a real thing
There is no such thing as the 'carbon edition'

Mugen made four versions of the FD Civic, they are called (in order of release):

Honda Civic Mugen Dominator Concept (1 off)
Honda Civic Mugen RR (300 off)
Honda Civic Mugen RR Experimental Spec. (1 off)
Honda Civic Mugen RR Advanced Concept (1 off)

I suspect you are confusing 'carbon edition' with the Experimental Spec.

Chris.
By Magnificent_one
I love those seats! :shock:

A standard FD2 looks a lot better though

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]