The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By bluntcap
Newannaive wrote:Dunno.

Back on topic. Whilst searching for a CW to place dibs on recently, the cheapest M200 I saw on the Honda website (gots to have the Honda warranty) was 14k iirc. Pretty good money I thought to myself, at the time.
So good you bought it.
By Newannaive
Not.

Obviously I could have afforded 2 of them if I wanted to. But I....errr....didn't want to.
By bonezzz
Newannaive wrote:Not.

Obviously I could have afforded 2 of them if I wanted to. But I....errr....didn't want to.
Plus the chainsaw wouldn't fit, CW has more space you know
By Newannaive
Plus I think it was located in Scotland/Mordor and I wouldn't go there, I've heard the locals are awful.
By Liam Type-R
mikeBONEZZZ wrote:Minerals? :scratch: can I get them on eBay?
I have a few left over, saves bidding or a slightly higher buy it now price.

Put it up for £16k and see?
By bonezzz
Liam Type-R wrote:

Any chance you can keep them till January?
By Liam Type-R
mikeBONEZZZ wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:

Any chance you can keep them till January?
No worries bro.
By EvoStu
Stick it on pistonheads.

You were offered £12k because the dealer will retail it at £16k minimum.

The price you get from a dealer is never the price you want, I'm surprised you expected anything more.

M200 means nothing to a dealer in terms of exclusivity. If you want a car that holds its value better, buy something German.
By Omni
That's the trouble with a 'special edition' car that was £4k overpriced in the first place, that £4k is written off immediately unless you can find an enthusiast willing to pay the premium for it. To a dealer it's just a Honda civic so really they've knocked off £8k from the RRP of a standard type R, probably about right for a 2 year old trade in.
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:That's the trouble with a 'special edition' car that was £4k overpriced in the first place, that £4k is written off immediately unless you can find an enthusiast willing to pay the premium for it. To a dealer it's just a Honda civic so really they've knocked off £8k from the RRP of a standard type R, probably about right for a 2 year old trade in.
This. :salut:
By EvoStu
dutch wrote:Buying new ftl.
Buying new isn't FTL. Its buying at full price which is FTL!

If you get a hefty discount to begin with then its irrelevant. But the problem was that most M200's sold for their full asking price.
By Omni
Had a text off plant dept at work to say my new car is now delayed until mid November :bad-words:

Then to rub it in someone was having their new 62 plate delivered right outside my office yesterday.
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:Had a text off plant dept at work to say my new car is now delayed until mid November :bad-words:

Then to rub it in someone was having their new 62 plate delivered right outside my office yesterday.
You went for the Insignia didn't you? A mate of mine in Germany had his delayed by 6 months because they weren't building ones with Sat Nav in them for that period of time. WTF! :lol:
By bonezzz
dutch wrote:Imo it is, when you see people driving about in 70k Q7s that they got for 20k its lols. Goes for any new car really. Why buy new when a year old car will save you £££s
My old dear got her BMW 320 for like £17k new, lots of extras except sat nav and heated seats, as it was discounted. You can buy new and not lose stupid amounts of money
By EvoStu
dutch wrote:Imo it is, when you see people driving about in 70k Q7s that they got for 20k its lols. Goes for any new car really. Why buy new when a year old car will save you £££s
If you get a brand new £23K BMW at say £18K its perfect financial sense, as it holds it value in the second hand market and will be worth a decent amount when you sell it.
mikeBONEZZZ wrote:My old dear got her BMW 320 for like £17k new, lots of extras except sat nav and heated seats, as it was discounted. You can buy new and not lose stupid amounts of money
Exactly.
By Omni
EvoStu wrote:
Omni wrote:Had a text off plant dept at work to say my new car is now delayed until mid November :bad-words:

You went for the Insignia didn't you? A mate of mine in Germany had his delayed by 6 months because they weren't building ones with Sat Nav in them for that period of time. WTF! :lol:
Yeah Insignia, maybe thats it, mine is the 'techline' which supposedly comes with Sat Nav, but its only a basic bog standard model on their range, no optional extras or anything. Ordered end of July initially I think, and original delivery date was October 17th - which I didn't mind because it meant i'd get the new reg, now its middle of November - WTF its a Vauxhall, not a hand-built supercar..
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Yeah Insignia, maybe thats it, mine is the 'techline' which supposedly comes with Sat Nav, but its only a basic bog standard model on their range, no optional extras or anything. Ordered end of July initially I think, and original delivery date was October 17th - which I didn't mind because it meant i'd get the new reg, now its middle of November - WTF its a Vauxhall, not a hand-built supercar..
That's Opel for you mate. I've just been chatting to said person actually and asked him about his Insignia. He actually ordered in November last year. Got it in August after threatening to cancel his order. :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]