The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By mjhamilton
That is a bit of a p-ss take.... 19k.. Ouch
By Omni
Is that £19k the car with the Mugen kit on it, or £19k for the mugen kit on top of the price of the car

May sound a silly question, but when it's mugen you have to ask...
By Stevo M81
Omni wrote:Is that £19k the car with the Mugen kit on it, or £19k for the mugen kit on top of the price of the car

True :wink:
By mjhamilton
Stevo M81 wrote:
Omni wrote:Is that £19k the car with the Mugen kit on it, or £19k for the mugen kit on top of the price of the car

True :wink:
That would be just appletastic
By EvoStu
Its £19K with the Mugen wheels for the silver one.
The black Honda Jazz is fitted with Mugen front skirt, rear skirt, side skirts, front grille and rear wing. It is also fitted with alloy wheels which are not Mugen wheels. This car is available to view and or purchase from Hendy Honda Southampton Tel. 023 8023 5500. The price for this car complete as you see it is £15819.00.
By Stevo M81
EvoStu wrote:Its £19K with the Mugen wheels for the silver one.
The black Honda Jazz is fitted with Mugen front skirt, rear skirt, side skirts, front grille and rear wing. It is also fitted with alloy wheels which are not Mugen wheels. This car is available to view and or purchase from Hendy Honda Southampton Tel. 023 8023 5500. The price for this car complete as you see it is £15819.00.
So its like just over 3k extra for the Mugen wheels :shock:
By EvoStu
Stevo M81 wrote:So its like just over 3k extra for the Mugen wheels :shock:
Yup. Why so shocked? The standard alloys on an CTR with tyres are £500 a corner from a dealer. :lol:
By GaryMan
Beaten by Chris- (no surprise really :rotflmao: )
By Stevo M81
EvoStu wrote:
Yup. Why so shocked? The standard alloys on an CTR with tyres are £500 a corner from a dealer. :lol:
What EP3 alloys are FN2 i thought EP3 wheels were £250 from the dealer :scratch:
Also rage alloys of cox motor group only cost £276 each.
By dandemoraliser
Stevo M81 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
What EP3 alloys are FN2 i thought EP3 wheels were £250 from the dealer :scratch:
and the tyre cost? :shouldbeinteresting:
By EvoStu
Stevo M81 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Yeah excluding VAT and currently 20% off as they're discontinued. Want to try again? :lol:

Even with the discount they're £331.97 Inc VAT.

So discounted price for 4 wheels: £1327.88

Now lets look at the tyres and take the standard ones fitted by Honda which are 235/35/19's (Yoko Advans) and they're currently £186.36 per corner from Tyre Traders (Honda charge more).

So.........

Alloy + Tyre = £518.33

If you want to pay the full price: £414.96 each or £1659.84 for the 4 of them so with tyres £2405.28

Any other questions? :wink: :lol:
By Omni
I'm actually surprised that they're only 3k tbh.

Anyway aren't our calculations a little skewed here, shouldn't the cost of the mugen wheels be offset against the cost of the wheels that would have come on the car anyway. Hence why rages were 'only' a £1000 upgrade.

So for arguments sake if a standard jazz alloy is roughly the same price as a standard CTR alloy, the mugen wheels are approx £2000 more than the rages. Seems about in keeping with the brand
By EvoStu
Stevo M81 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Also just an FYI. If you really want to know the Honda price of the EP3 wheels from a dealer right now..........

PFKL586118 DISK,
ALUMINIUM WHEEL (17X7JJ)
(HAYES LEMMERZ)
*NH628M*
Price Exc VAT: £347.83

PFKL607382 CAP
ALUMINIUM WHEEL CENTER
*NH628M*
Price Exc VAT: £24.02

PFKL589326 TIRE
(205/45R17 84W)
(BRIDGESTONE)
Price Exc VAT: £389.11

And yes that it is the Honda book price for 1 tyre. :lol:

And that doesn't include the valve and the balance etc.
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_ca ... ck_03=9814
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:I'm actually surprised that they're only 3k tbh.

Anyway aren't our calculations a little skewed here, shouldn't the cost of the mugen wheels be offset against the cost of the wheels that would have come on the car anyway. Hence why rages were 'only' a £1000 upgrade.

So for arguments sake if a standard jazz alloy is roughly the same price as a standard CTR alloy, the mugen wheels are approx £2000 more than the rages. Seems about in keeping with the brand
Only if they're factory fitted mate are the prices regarded as upgrades. If you were to go into a dealer now you wouldn't pay the difference, you'd pay the full price on the Mugen parts.
By Omni
So £3k is just the cost of the mugen wheels with tyres, and you could go in and buy them off the shelf for that price even if you weren't buying them on the car?

Will they throw in the standard wheels free of charge?
By Stevo M81
dandemoraliser wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
and the tyre cost? :shouldbeinteresting:
I was just thinking what it would cost without tyres, as if you wanted rages alloys when buying the car new they were £1000 extra which included tyres.
By Stevo M81
Fair enough Stu [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Stevo M81
Omni wrote:And lol at £390+vat for 1 tyre :lol:
I know :lol: thats just mental
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]