The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By luke_R
I am looking at an M200 that is for sale online at a dealer, it looks in great condition and only 12,000 miles on the clock, but the guy I spoke to on the phone said that the number on the centre console read R0 533, is this right or should it be 1-200. Any info would be great as I am very interested in the car.
Thanks.
By bluntcap
PM Evo Stu, he owns Honda

on the other hand I know all the numbers are complete random and the only proper ones numbered are the M20's.......I think.
By EvoStu
bluntcap wrote:PM Evo Stu, he owns Honda

on the other hand I know all the numbers are complete random and the only proper ones numbered are the M20's.......I think.
:lol:

The numbers are random yes but they do give you a fair representation of when the car was produced.

584 Championship Whites were built in total.

The M20's have a unique Mugen numbered plaque though to differentiate them.
By Loxy
I thought M200s had their own Mugen plaque and corresponding numbered leather wallet for the manuals and service book? :scratch:

Sure they were 1 to 200 but in no specific order.
By EvoStu
Loxy wrote:I thought M200s had their own Mugen plaque and corresponding numbered leather wallet for the manuals and service book? :scratch:

Only the M20's got the corresponding numerical wallet and plaque mate as it was all hand built. They got dyno print out's and order details in the the wallet as well iirc.

It doesn't matter anyway, the M200 isn't a real Mugen. :wink:
By dandemoraliser
Loxy wrote:I thought M200s had their own Mugen plaque and corresponding numbered leather wallet for the manuals and service book? :scratch:

honda not zonda
By bluntcap
EvoStu wrote:

Only the M20's got the corresponding numerical wallet and plaque mate as it was all hand built. They got dyno print out's and order details in the the wallet as well iirc.

Can't believe loxy actually questioned the owner of Honda :eek:
By EvoStu
bluntcap wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

I know. Cheeky barsteward. :lol:
By RSFN2GT
EvoStu wrote:
As much as the FN2 isn't a real Type R ;)

Boom boom tsssh
By EvoStu
RSFN2GT wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
As much as the FN2 isn't a real Type R ;)

Boom boom tsssh
FOAD boom boom tsssh!
By bonezzz
I'm still confused, so is the car in question a M200? Or just a Champ white edition?
By bonezzz
RSFN2GT wrote:Got a link to the car?
I haven't no, I'm not the OP, just intrigued, because I got F'all else to do at work
By Loxy
EvoStu wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

I know. Cheeky barsteward. :lol:
Stick this up your pipe Stu. :stfu: :lol:

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/clas ... 200/656991
By EvoStu
Can you show me the corresponding wallet Loxy? Pretty sure it doesn't come with one.

I didn't say it didn't come with a Mugen plaque dippy. I said the M20 comes with a unique plaque to differentiate them. :lol:
By FireBIade2
My M200 came with wallet for the manual that was 85/200 on it.

M200s I believe have a standard Type R designation underneath the mugen sticker which is on top.

You also get random people coming up to you in car parks to complement you on your car in white looks great :lol: :-D
Last edited by FireBIade2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Loxy
EvoStu wrote:Can you show me the corresponding wallet Loxy? Pretty sure it doesn't come with one.

I didn't say it didn't come with a Mugen plaque dippy. I said the M20 comes with a unique plaque to differentiate them. :lol:
From Colin posted on your sister forum:
Surely every single car has an aspect of "marketing" in it, whether it is by adding more features, more performance (or economy) or a different colour etc, otherwise we would all be driving exactly the same car.

What Honda have done with the M200 is to take a C/W car, which was already a limited edition in itself, and add some more/different parts to make it even more limited. If you use the published price lists it is apparent through simple arithmetic that the RRP reflects there was not a premium applied either for the (non mass-produced) parts, or the use of the Mugen brand name. Honda could not amend the production line to incorporate just 200 cars as this would cost a heap of money for various production and type approval reasons, therefore these cars had to be built post-production.

Incidentally, the Mugen front and rear bumper skirts are a World exclusive to the UK (they are not available to any other market), with probably only about 300 pieces currently in existence, and of course only 200 (+20) cars carry the Mugen centre console plaque and can be legitimately offered in the UK as original "Mugen" cars. On top of that a nice extra touch is that you get a specific, numbered owners handbook folder. The wheels are of course Honda's own, but if they had chosen to put the Mugen GPs on the cars then the OTR price would anyway have to have been increased by the appropriate amount to reflect the difference in cost.
I say again, congratulations to everybody who has bought (or is buying) a Mugen 200, enjoy your car and the attention it gets whenever you park up, and the exclusivity of knowing that there are only 199 cars like yours anywhere in the world. If I was in the market for a new Civic Type R, I would probably be choosing 1 of 200 over 1 of 20,000, or whatever.

Oh and (here comes my own marketing ploy), now that you have started on the Mugen modification path, buy some more Mugen bits and make your car even more exclusive.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/mugen/4607 ... post725689
FireBIade2 wrote:My M200 came with wallet for the manual that was 85/200 on it.

M200s I believe have a standard Type R designation underneath the mugen sticker which is on top.
Thank you! :lol:
By EvoStu

Can you show us a pic of the wallet mate? The one's we saw didn't get one for sure, it was just a standard Honda one (didn't even have a Type R logo).

With regards the plaque, its a standard Type R one. But they covered it when the kit was fitted.

The M20's are a genuine one off plaque for the ones that were built.
By FireBIade2
EvoStu wrote:

Can you show us a pic of the wallet mate? The one's we saw didn't get one for sure, it was just a standard Honda one (didn't even have a Type R logo).

With regards the plaque, its a standard Type R one. But they covered it when the kit was fitted.

The M20's are a genuine one off plaque for the ones that were built.
Will do when I am not at work. :salut:
By EvoStu
Loxy wrote:Thank you! :lol:
Once again, I didn't state they didn't come with a Mugen plaque. :lol:

I've just never seen the manual with the number on. I saw 3 at the dealerships being PDI'd and none had them.

@ Fireblade, nice one matey.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]