The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By Genga
EvoStu wrote:
><>><<>< wrote:This is not official Mugen Civic, just a poor fake. Old wheels etc. The right one will be out next year.
No its from Mugen, its just not a performance version.
So, with enough bellends wanting to race you at the lights with your Type-R, when they see the Mugen badge on the back...

How much would it cost to fire a K20 in this thing?
By ><>><<><
EvoStu wrote:
><>><<>< wrote:This is not official Mugen Civic, just a poor fake. Old wheels etc. The right one will be out next year.
Don't think so... we will see :)
By EvoStu
><>><<>< wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Don't think so... we will see :)
What do you mean don't think so?

Its a an official Honda car with the parts direct from Mugen.
By karl
so now base models with no power are having Mooogen stuff slapped on them? Honda have lost the plot..
By Superman001
Genga wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
So, with enough bellends wanting to race you at the lights with your Type-R, when they see the Mugen badge on the back...

How much would it cost to fire a K20 in this thing?
Think of the expense!!! It would need a k20 plus transmission, uprated brakes, new suspension and this new civic probably weighs in at 1300kg for a crappy 1.4.
By chrisr111
karl wrote:so now base models with no power are having Mooogen stuff slapped on them? Honda have lost the plot..
Mugen have always produced parts for all Honda cars irrespective of power or whether they are a performance model,

and it's really not got anything to do with Honda per se, since Mugen are an independent company.

Chris.
By EvoStu
Superman001 wrote:and this new civic probably weighs in at 1300kg for a crappy 1.4.
SHOCK! New modern car weighs more than his 10 year old outdated car.

Want me to remind you that an EK9 weighs nearly 250Kg less than your EP3? :clap:
By Superman001
EvoStu wrote:
Superman001 wrote:and this new civic probably weighs in at 1300kg for a crappy 1.4.

Want me to remind you that an EK9 weighs nearly 250Kg less than your EP3? :clap:

1204kg>1090kg

114kg difference is hardly 'nearly 250kg'
By EvoStu
Superman001 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

1204kg>1090kg

114kg difference is hardly 'nearly 250kg'
LOL! 1204Kg........its never been close to 1204Kg (maybe without fluids). Even Honda in their brochure quoted 1246kg and that was without AC.

Lets split the difference and call it 190ish with fluids etc.

That would mean the current gen (1300Kg) hasn't really put that much weight on in comparison to the diffference to the EK9 and EP3 wouldn't you agree?

Ask me what car I'd feel safer in if we were to have an accident in either car? Even without the airbags the new car is safer due to the extra strengthening in the bodyshell.
By Superman001
The ep3's level of safety is where I wish safety peaked so to speak, its safe enough to be honest without being overweight.

If the ep3's weight was really 1246kg and the claimed weight of an fn2 is 1267kg theres no way there's only 21kg between the ep3 and lardy fn2 so lets add 42kg to the fn2's weight aswell equals a massive 1309kg.
By EvoStu
Superman001 wrote:The ep3's level of safety is where I wish safety peaked so to speak, its safe enough to be honest without being overweight.

If the ep3's weight was really 1246kg and the claimed weight of an fn2 is 1267kg theres no way there's only 21kg between the ep3 and lardy fn2 so lets add 42kg to the fn2's weight aswell equals a massive 1309kg.
FN2 GT with a full tank of fuel on a weighbridge was 1320Kg which to be fair is still pretty good. For instance when it was launched the main rivals weights.......(claimed by the manufacturers)

Renault R26: 1345Kg
Golf ED30: 1376Kg
Leon Cupra R: 1375Kg
Mazda 3 MPS (MK1): 1483Kg (WTF really????)
Astra VXR: 1393Kg
Focus ST: 1362Kg

Honda in Europe have always been conservative with their figures.

Interesting post from Civinfo regarding the stupid arsehole debates EP3 owners get into.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/466 ... s-fn2.html

So your argument really isn't very good. The sign of the times is that weights increase due to the safety aspects brought in to save lifes.

The EP3 is not a great car to be in during an accident to be honest. It was safe 10 years ago but compared to todays cars, my missus IQ is a safer car to be in.
By Superman001
Have to agree there are massive discrepencies when it comes to weight, found an article stating the fn2's weight as 1345kg.

http://hondasourceirl.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... eview.html

Supprising that a VXR 2.0 is 31kg more than the 2.5 ST and the focus shares the same chassis as the 3 MPS which is meant to be 1483kg.
By EvoStu
Superman001 wrote:Have to agree there are massive discrepencies when it comes to weight, found an article stating the fn2's weight as 1345kg.

http://hondasourceirl.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... eview.html

Supprising that a VXR 2.0 is 31kg more than the 2.5 ST and the focus shares the same chassis as the 3 MPS which is meant to be 1483kg.
That tw*t used my pictures without my permission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bad-words:
By Superman001
:laughabove:

Its that your CW fn2 Stu?

Edit just seen there yours as it says at the bottom of each pic.
By EvoStu
Superman001 wrote::laughabove:

Its that your CW fn2 Stu?
They were my pics from the launch of the FN2 at Brands. I ordered my car that very same day. :lol:

He even left my watermark on. :bad-words:
By iceman
still dont understand why people quote weights as every single little optional extra and differences between cars just adds/decreases weight, best way is to just go to a weigh bridge and get hard facts/figure on your own car

really do like my hondas having had many ek9, dc2, ek4 and now ep3 but my heart is still on the older ek9/dc2, times move on, emissions, consumer demand, safety etc

all just natural progression with the newer cars

as for mugen, im not brand whore and bought huge amount of different company parts over last several years, for me its who makes the best quality and functional parts, some prices are way out of most peoples league including myself now (gettin old) but i do appreciate R+D, quality, total system design and function of mugen parts (not about chasing power and figures with mugen)
By gadgetman68
..... back on topic.

I was at the BTCC last weekend and the Honda stand were running this comp, all the paperwork refers to a supercharged mugen civic. :) But doesn't quote engine size or power :(
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
Superman001 wrote:The ep3's level of safety is where I wish safety peaked so to speak, its safe enough to be honest without being overweight.

FN2 GT with a full tank of fuel on a weighbridge was 1320Kg which to be fair is still pretty good. For instance when it was launched the main rivals weights.......(claimed by the manufacturers)

Renault R26: 1345Kg
Golf ED30: 1376Kg
Leon Cupra R: 1375Kg
Mazda 3 MPS (MK1): 1483Kg (WTF really????)
Astra VXR: 1393Kg
Focus ST: 1362Kg

Honda in Europe have always been conservative with their figures.

Interesting post from Civinfo regarding the stupid arsehole debates EP3 owners get into.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/466 ... s-fn2.html

So your argument really isn't very good. The sign of the times is that weights increase due to the safety aspects brought in to save lifes.

The EP3 is not a great car to be in during an accident to be honest. It was safe 10 years ago but compared to todays cars, my missus IQ is a safer car to be in.
The mazda's weight is with the driver ( we think )
By karl
I still lol at what Honda slap a Mugen badge on now Image

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]