The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By RSFN2GT
Omni wrote:
lee1101 wrote:Sorry for being a tad stupid, but what is an M200? :???:
A limited edition model from Mugen towards the end of the production run of the FN2, distinguishable by its much higher price tag and lack of Mugen accessories.
lol.
By chippyleigh
dutch wrote:
Arran wrote:
TDi-North wrote:Hope it wasnt the one we had in yesterday as he had a long drive back south.
Just fitted a set of Mugen Assist meters and they can be ever so distracting! :shock:
What's the cost of those?

What are these?
Defi's with a big price tag if I'm correct !!
By TDi-North
Mugen didn't actually have anything to do with the M200's.

It was a purely HUK driven project after doing the CW cars with LSD's and the launch of the proper Mugen M20's that were a base CW car to start with then delivered to Mugen who did all the work. Built engine, fit parts etc etc.

The M200 had the same lower front and rear splitters as fitted to the M20's and available through HUK and NOT Mugen unlike the Aero body parts that were seen on the red prototype and I have fitted which are full bumpers rather than just splitters that fit to OEM bumpers.
They also had non mugen rims and black caps over the wing mirrors which neither of those are Mugen parts.

Saying all that it did give people a basis for copying the styling of the M20's and we spent several days at dealerships having supplied and fitting quite a few genuine Mugen parts such as grills, wings, couple of airbox's and a bonnet.

Most M20's we see in now do have things like the wings and even GP's added and do look pretty stunning. :cool:
By FireBIade2
Standard FN2's looks a bit meh... M200's look :cool: (not that i'm biased or anything)
By Superman001
dutch wrote:
Arran wrote:
TDi-North wrote:Hope it wasnt the one we had in yesterday as he had a long drive back south.
Just fitted a set of Mugen Assist meters and they can be ever so distracting! :shock:
What's the cost of those?

What are these?

They basicly are guages that sit on top of the dash and because they are Mugen yO they are very expensive.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]