The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By EvoStu
kingofdbrits wrote:How the feck can an extra 15bhp improve the track time by close to 4 seconds on the Meg over the standard 250??
Not the first one to ask that question mate. Probably the same way that Skoda and VW were found to have provided test cars to magazines with remapped ecu's.

Either way it's a bloody quick motor.
kingofdbrits wrote:How the feck can an extra 15bhp improve the track time by close to 4 seconds on the Meg over the standard 250??
Not sure but iit has, maybe driver? different temps, damp track?

Im sure the only difference between the two is 15bhp and different tyres :lol: either way awesome car :evil:
It's EVO mag, they would put slabs of concrete in the back of a Honda just to make sure the Renault was faster , it's an unhealthy obsession they have. :ymca:

Saying that 40 large is simply too much for a family hatchback with 200cc more than standard and a few add-ons as much as I was hopping about at mugen when the original M20 came out. :(
MattRST wrote:
It's EVO mag, they would put slabs of concrete in the back of a Honda just to make sure the Renault was faster , it's an unhealthy obsession they have. :ymca:

Saying that 40 large is simply too much for a family hatchback with 200cc more than standard and a few add-ons as much as I was hopping about at mugen when the original M20 came out. :(
Funny you should say that, when they tested the Mugen 20 it was the quickest hatch they've tested. When i was sat on the throne, where all my EVO reading is done, i noticed that the CW FN2 was the quickest 'standard' hot hatch and the Mugen was the quickest and some 0.2 secs quicker than R26.R. I started a thread on here about it and wouldn't you know, next month the R26.R had recorded a quicker time. Not sure how or where but it did.
By EvoStu
karl wrote:turns out not so quick after all, the Megane is over a second quicker on track, and £15k cheaper, lulz
Well it is still quick, just not as quick as the RS. I'm still trying to see how the alleged 15bhp difference makes such a big change to the lap timings. It just doesn't add up, but major kudos to the Renault though.
OZ 82 wrote:You really getting one? Imagine if Honda/Mugen started making boosted machines like this, it would be awesome :evil:
Yarp - deposit down start of dec, delivery for feb

keeping the civic for track slaggery.
pulpmelon_r wrote:
OZ 82 wrote:You really getting one? Imagine if Honda/Mugen started making boosted machines like this, it would be awesome :evil:

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
kingofdbrits wrote:
MattRST wrote:

Funny you should say that, when they tested the Mugen 20 it was the quickest hatch they've tested. When i was sat on the throne, where all my EVO reading is done, i noticed that the CW FN2 was the quickest 'standard' hot hatch and the Mugen was the quickest and some 0.2 secs quicker than R26.R. I started a thread on here about it and wouldn't you know, next month the R26.R had recorded a quicker time. Not sure how or where but it did.
Didn't spot that, I will try and dig it out for scanning. Have you an idea roughly how long ago it might have been? :bigthumb:
kingofdbrits wrote:
MattRST wrote:

Was done at bedford, and it was nearly a second quicker :salut:
rickmiles wrote:
kingofdbrits wrote:
MattRST wrote:

Didn't spot that, I will try and dig it out for scanning. Have you an idea roughly how long ago it might have been? :bigthumb:
This is the thread i started http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/view ... 9#p2375939

The R26.R lap time was done in the issue with the FD2, i've thrown out the old issues but if you still have them check to see if i'm right or not.
By danneth
I don't have them i can just see the laptimes online

Pos Make / Model Time Speed (km/h) Year Power (hp) / Weight (kg) Driven by
1. Renault Megane R26.R 1:27.82 119 '08 230 / 1252 EVO
2. Honda Mugen Civic Type-R 1:28.60 118 '09 240 / 1233 EVO
danneth wrote:I don't have them i can just see the laptimes online

Pos Make / Model Time Speed (km/h) Year Power (hp) / Weight (kg) Driven by
1. Renault Megane R26.R 1:27.82 119 '08 230 / 1252 EVO
2. Honda Mugen Civic Type-R 1:28.60 118 '09 240 / 1233 EVO
The R26.R did a 1:29.0, so it was a fraction quicker than the Mugen FD2. Then the Mugen FN2 was tested and did a 1:28.0. It was discovered that the Renault wasn't the quickest hot hatch, Honda was, so without any magazine testing EVO altered the R26.R time they publish in their mag. Bear in mind the times they publish are times they themselves have managed not what Renault have managed to do.

I called a load of wotsit at the time and i'm doing it again. How can a weak 15bhp remap turn a car with a laptime similar to a Golf & Scirocco into one that's the same as a 660bhp supermerc or Cayman R?

No doubt it's the quickest Hot hatch, but it's no supercar slayer.
By danneth
of course its a supercar slayer look at the cars behind it on the ring

112. Porsche 911 GT2
108. Ferrari 360 Modena
109. Lamborghini Diablo SV
114. Dodge Viper GTS
144. Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
By OZ 82
pulpmelon_r wrote:

Fair play to you mate they look awesome. You got a build thread for your civic? Also, how much is the RS going to cost if you dont mind me asking?
OZ 82 wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:

Fair play to you mate they look awesome. You got a build thread for your civic? Also, how much is the RS going to cost if you dont mind me asking?
I haven't created a build thread (due to lazyness) I just kept adding stuff to a dyno post from a couple of years ago :-D
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/view ... 9&t=211286

The Megane is on a PCP (so I can hand it back before its worthless!)
Just to reinforce my original opinion that the Meg 265's time was horse shit, it's been on the same track again this month in near identical conditions and couldn't get close it's best time, probably because it only had to go against the BRZ, but this time it's produced a realistic time that is 0.2 secs quicker than a Cupra R, still the quickest hot hatch but at least it's in the right company and not producing times similar to 1M Coupe or F10 M5's.

Still, it does show what a little modding can do to a FWD hatch.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]